This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Is This? Warn 0% Box Box Box Box Box

ravenwoodglass

Scott Adams Grand Master

Hello Everyone,

As mentioned earlier in this thread, only the moderators and you can see your personal warn level, so there should be no concern that it will affect how other members view you or your posts, and there is nothing in the programming that changes anything about the posts made by those who have a warn level above zero--they are treated indentically as any other post (unless their warn level reaches 100%, of course).

We don't take warnings away because on a board this size--now over 23,000 members--it is the only way for us to track rule violations. It is simply the only way for us to have and enforce any rules that we may have for this forum. For the most part people who get a warning never get another one, but there are certainly cases where people do get a second or even a third warning, although it is rare. In these cases it is important for the moderators to know the history of a user, and whether or not they have ever gotten a warning in the past. For example if someone promotes their own site and gets a warning for doing it, and then promotes it again a few months later, there is really no excuse that the person could give to avoid a second warning. However, if we removed the first warning and they did it again a moderator would have no idea that the member is purposefully violating the rules again.

It is also not acceptable to create a new account on this board to avoid having a past warning on your account.

Anyway, I hope this clarifies some of the questions brought up in this thread about the warnings.

Take care,

Scott

I have a "warning" level of 33% because apparently more than 1.5 years ago, an admin removed a link to a blog from my signature. I never received a message about this, nor did I have any idea I was "warned".

33% seems pretty high for posting an innocent link to a completely appropriate blog.

Can someone make this go away?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
debmidge Rising Star
Well, since this is a thread about WARINGSS..........I THINK to be safe......... I'll decline the kind JUDGE JUDy offer :lol:

Wanted keep my '0' warings safe. I've skated on very thin ice at times with my opinions. ;)

Judy

I feel the same way....there's a lot of things I'd say but I don't want to be put in the "penalty box." I do not mean to say I'd say mean, derogatory things but just saying the truth sometimes annoys people. I learned years ago that, overall, people, even though they SAY they want the truth, do not really want to hear the truth. This is also where/why I need the "Edit" button back on the forum as I sometimes say what I really mean and then I go and revise it because sometimes I am too honest. For me the "Edit" button keeps me out of the "penalty box."

Debbie

Archived