1 reply to this topic

#1 littlehi

littlehi

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:21 AM

Hello all! This is only my second post or so - so hello to all you fellow GFers! A little background at the end of this emaid so you don't think I am totally a newbie.

I fell inlove with Beaners (now Biggby) Coffee years ago. So when I become gluten intolerant I was devistated to say the least. I had done TONS of research about coffee. It took me weeks to get up enough nerve to try the coffee again. I know one of the managers pretty well and he told me that Paramount Coffee Company in Lansing, Michigan, supplies all of their coffee. So I called the company and talked to the head brew/flavor master (that's what I call him) and he said he has worked with his flavor guy and all of the flavored coffee's are gluten-free, i.e. Creme Brulee, Traverse City Cherry, Hazelnut, etc... I have tried just about every kind, even the Carmel Marvel and I have not had a problem. They make their own carmel sauce (ask to read the ingredients, they will let you) and it seems to be fine. I have not really ventured out much more than that but they have Torani syrup and if you visit their site, most of them are gluten-free too. Just wanted to let you all know since they are growing by leaps and bounds. But he did say be careful, they are working on a new "engery-type" drink and that will not be gluten-free.

Happy sipping!

Mom and Uncle (Mom's brother) have Celiac. I was sick for about 6-9 months or so about a year ago. (We all have different symptoms so I wasn't sure what was wrong). Had blood test and colonoscopy and endoscopy - both negative but with "some stomach irritation." Doc said go gluten-free and see how you feel. After colon/end I felt better; 4 days later felt like a champ and have felt great ever since. I did just do the genetic testing (Prometheus) and here are the results: DQ2 Homozygous DQB1*0201 (DQA1*05-DQB1*0201 and DQA1*05-DQB1*0201). I am pretty sure I just wasn't sick long enough to really damage my villi, the symptoms came on somewhat suddenly and I got right to the issue since I had seen my mom becomve very ill for over 20 years. I am still dealing with the gluten inolerance v. Celiac issue and pretty much have convinced myself that I don't need any validation from the medical community, I just need my health!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tlipasek

tlipasek

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

Hi - I love Biggby as well and recently got an email back from them stating the following:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the gluten content of our drinks. Actually all of our drinks, at this point in time, are gluten free. Also, while I suspect that our teas do not contain any gluten, I have not been able to receive confirmation from Harney and Sons to that effect. Thomas C. Butz BIGGBY COFFEE Vice President of Operations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: