This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Geographic Location

Guest Leidenschaft

james233 Newbie

I am from the middle of Michigan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KLTerry Apprentice

Here's my post. I'm checking to see if I have a signature. Hello all!

KLTerry Apprentice

Oh, wait! I don't like that font. This might be better.

KLTerry Apprentice

No! It looks the same. Oh well!

celiac3270 Collaborator

KL Terry,

First off, when you change your signature, it will update in every post...just so you know :). I think your problem is about not closing open tags. First, type whatever you want to say, then highlight whatever you want and make it a different color, change the font, etc. When you're done, it should say Open Tags: 0 at the top, where you can press B, I, U, FONT, SIZE, etc. Also, you could just click on the font, color, etc., type everything, then hit "close all tags" If you don't close the tag, then you see the writing the way it is right now, like this:

bklyn Enthusiast

I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Guest Viola

Hello KKLYN and James 233. In order for your location to travel with you in all the posts you will need to Click on your "user name" and then Click on "My Controls", You can add your location in there and it will show up anywhere in this forum. Then when we are discussing food and restaurants, we will have an idea of where we are all at :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Maggie1956 Rookie

:) Well I'm a bit further down south, and I don't mean Texas or Alabama!

I'm DOWN UNDER but not in the Outback.

Right on the Sunshine Coast of beautiful Queensland in the great land of OZ. ;):D

luvs2eat Collaborator

I'm from eastern PA... not far from Philadelphia... about 10 miles from where George and the boys beat the crap out of those Hessians ... they renact it every Christmas day.

Did my new signature come thru? I am technology-challenged, to put it mildly!!

edited to add... woo-hoo!! It did!!

KLTerry Apprentice

Alrighty! Thanks for your help with my evergrowing inability to understand modern technology, despite my profession.

watkinson Apprentice

I'm from Maryland near washington D.C. I'm pretty lucky because we have several stores with alot of gluten-free stuff. Even our major grocery store chain, GIANT sells alot of organic (and some gluten-free) items.

This idea sounds great, Wendy

cthtmsn Newbie

I currently live in Orange County, California.

I am originally from Northern Virginia.

I have been gluten-free since June 2003.

Cathy

• 3 months later...
Guest Viola

Hello; Can we get this going again? I just read a couple of posts with a store name listed and a product line and I looked for the name of the area of the person posting and it wasn't there. It's so much easier if we can see where you are posting from, as there is little point in us looking for a certain store if it is in Austrailia, or the Southern US when we live in Canada. The same holds true if we Canadians post, the stores and products may not be in your location. :rolleyes:

In order for your location to travel with you in all the posts you will need to Click on your "user name" and then Click on "My Controls", You can add your location in there and it will show up anywhere in this forum. Then when we are discussing food and restaurants, we will have an idea of where we are all at . :D

Guest gfinnebraska

Okay, Viola, I did it!! :) I think it is a great idea... I am always curious where I can find an item spoken about on here. :blink:

srdover Newbie

Very cool! I was wondering how everyone got their name and history to show up. I knew everyone couldn't be just retyping it over and over! :lol:

marycubs Rookie

Okay - I think :blink: I updated my signature - I'm from central/upstate New York.

Guest Viola

This is great Kimberly and Susan! Hopefully we can get everyone to do it, then we won't have to guess, or ask which area the product, or store is in :D

Guest Viola

Good Job Mary, it worked just fine :lol:

Matilda Enthusiast

------

Guest Eloisa

I'm from Houston, Texas.

cdford Contributor

I'm in an area of West Georgia that used to be rural but has recently been designated an exurb (who knew that word even existed until recently???) of Atlanta. Best I can tell, an exurb is a little further out than a suburb but is not quite rural anymore.

tonyevans Newbie

Well, like Maggie, I'm a whole lot further South, in New Zealand B)

It doesn't worry me that I can't get the products that you talk about but it does give me ideas for the kinds of things I can adapt for myself and for things I can substitute for products that used to be part of my diet.

This is a little off this topic but I do wonder what kind of diets folks ate before they were diagnosed (particularly those diagnosed later in life). I mean wether you consider you ate a high fibre diet or if you were strong on fruits or strong on vegetables, sweet things or what?

Anyway keep posting and I'll keep reading.

We'll be in San Francisco, Edmonton, Toronto and Vancouver during late July and August, so I may be able to try some of the products you write about :lol:

Guest gfinnebraska

tonyevans ~ I was never a big bread eater before discovering the celiac disease. I ate mostly fruit, salads, casseroles, tacos, meat, etc. Not big into the bread family. BUT, it has always amazed me all the things that have gluten that I use to LOVE to eat before... that has been my grief in this ordeal. Bread?? Don't miss it at all ~ except for raisin bread. LOVE that!! :)

UIDancer Apprentice

Chicago, IL here :) I'll get around to that signature some day!

jenvan Collaborator

Indianapolis, IN... have it in my signature now. I'm trusting no one will start stalking me now... JK :lol:

Archived