3 replies to this topic

#1 blondebombshell

blondebombshell

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

i haven't been able to go to the bathroom now for over a week. my doc took me off the senna laxative i was taking, told me i didnt have allergies, persay but more of an intolerance to wheat due to an irritable bowel.

with that being said, if wheat flour is the last item on the list (like the fiber one bars) could i eat them to help me?

http://www.fiberone....oduct/bars.aspx
then click FULL NUTRITION
- gluten free since August 2007
- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007
- bloodwork confirms egg allergy
- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lukalovescats

Lukalovescats

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

I would still completely avoid any wheat. Have you tried adding ground flax seed to your diet, I have some everyday in my rice cereal and it makes all the difference. Cranberry juice and other fruits help as well.

#3 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:14 PM

Are you eating plenty of "stone fruits?" These are pears, peaches, plums, mangoes, and apricots--all the fruits that have large stones (pits) instead of tiny seeds. They are easy to digest, and have a ton of fiber and help to move things along. I think avocados qualify, too, but am not as sure about them.

And, yes, if you have an intolerance to wheat, you must avoid wheat, or risk your immune system being triggered to attack YOU (joints, thyroid, pancreas, neuro, skin, etc.). Not worth it, in my book. But wheat is not the only source of fiber, nor the best.

It might help to know what you ARE eating. It's possible that you are unknowingly eating lots of foods that cause constipation, and few of those that help.

#4 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:53 AM

Have you tried a probiotic?
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive