5 replies to this topic

#1 Octoberme

Octoberme

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:47 AM

Strange question, but I keep getting blood blisters and canker sores in my mouth. Is this a sign of being glutened??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

It certainly could be. I always get a canker sore when glutened and before I was diagnosed, I would frequently get them and sometimes a blood blister, too.

I never get the blisters anymore. :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 Octoberme

Octoberme

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

Thanks. I never really thought of it until now. I used to have them all the time, and then went gluten free, and now today I am not feeling hot and noticed I have a few blood blisters.....

Hrrrrmmmm....wonder what it was that got me?!?!?

#4 PureHeart

PureHeart

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

I got a really nasty one at the back of my throat after eating flavoured crisps. It started to choke me a bit but then fortunately popped leaving me with a mouth full of blood. Nice!

I got one at the weekend from Free From biscuits, which are really hard and crunchy, so maybe it's because the food scratches the cheek and lets a foreign substance enter the bloodstream? Maybe the body creates a blister to isolate it or wash it away?

PureHeart

#5 Octoberme

Octoberme

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hrrrmmm....interesting theory. That could be it!!

#6 Harry

Harry

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:16 AM

The blood blisters in my mouth are the direct result of eating foods that are either cooked or stored in aluminum. Aluminum contamination is the worst but I also can get them from foods cooked in poor quality stainless steel and other metals. A week ago I ate a small box of baked crackers that were packaged in aluminum foil and had an unusually severe blister reaction. I have resorted to using only glass cook ware and will buy only crackers, etc. packaged in paper or plastic. This is an easy hypothesis to prove for yourself through simple avoidance.... My dentist several years ago put me through a rather expensive test to determine my sensitivity to dental materials which included a test for sensitivity to metals..... Aluminum, copper and moledneum topped the list of toxics for me.... Harry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: