Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I Am New To All This...:(

12 posts in this topic

I need someone to help me and, tell me what foods i should stay away from...for i.e. I know i can eat meats veggies friuts, glutenfree pastas...can i eat corn flakes or rice crispies...for breakfast, or can i take my morning coffee...milk is fine for me..i was told...

Please help.. :(

Ads by Google:

Mario,

Here are a few of the sites that I've found most helpful...lists of common grocery items that are gluten-free, 'safe' lists and 'forbidden' lists. I hope they help!

Good Luck!

Mainstream gluten-free Products

More Mainstream

Safe List

Forbidden List

Things To Be Aware Of

The Gluten Free Pantry-- this site is amazing for delicious gluten-free food

Another Excellent Source for gluten-free Food

Thanks for the info...but, it would be much easier if i had brand names..like uncle bens..etc..

can you make me a list with barnd names..please

Here is a good website to take a look at and remember most of your cereals even though they are made from Rice are NOT safe, they usually have "malt flavoring" in them. I eat Health Valley's Rice crunch em's they are in the health food section of my local Kroger store. I believe Foldgers coffee is safe and Uncle Bens Rice is ok too, that's what we eat. THis website below gives you "brand names", I hope it helps......

www.glutenfreeinfo.com

I've checked out the lists from the www.glutenfreeinfo.com link, and I'm concerned that the lists are so old. A lot of that information may be inaccurate. Another good link to a more current list is Gluten Free Mainstream Products .

Mario, You can print out the list from the above link, but it is 34 pages long. There are too many foods to list on this site. But that's a good thing right! More food choices is always good. :lol:

Mariann

Hi mariann, ok I downloaded the file. Before i print it are these products for Canada also or only for the USA... :(

To late i printed it.. ;)

are these products for Canada also or only for the USA

Mario, I have no idea. It is wise to check the labels of everything anyhow, since companies often change their formulas without notice. I hope it helps.

God bless,

Mariann

Hi mariann I made some celiac friends, they will come shopping with me...

xox

:)

Cool!

I wish I could find some in my town. The only other gluten intolerant person I know personally is my friends husband and he doesn't eat gluten free! He only has dermatitis herpetiformis, and just deals with the rash. I'd hate to see what the inside of his body looks like!

Happy Shopping! :lol:

Mariann

Thanks mariann..

do you go to lowblaws???

I think we can find everything there.. :blink:

do you go to lowblaws???

What's lowblaws?

Mariann :huh:

lowblaws is a huge grocery store..they have a glutin free department..very good prices too.. :)