Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Tums Gluten Free?

18 posts in this topic

I have seen several posts saying they take Tums, but I have not seen them listed as gluten free on any of the sites. Are they and if not are Rolaids? What does anyone take for that gassy feeling after eating?

Linda B.

Ads by Google:

My understanding is that Tums are NOT gluten free.

Kim

I've heard on this forum that tums are gluten-free, but I just read on clan thompson's celiac website that they are not and that rolaids are? Is this correct?

I have Clan Thompsans list as well and Tums are not gluten-free. I also have a list that was updated 4/04 and it says Tums are NOT gluten-free. I have been taking them all along up until a few days ago when I found out they are not gluten-free.

Phazyme anti gas softgels are gluten-free.

Rolaids multi symptom are gluten-free too.

They are both gluten-free according to the 2 lists I have.

Can you find phyzyme at a local store? Are regular rolaids gluten-free too?

As is said above, Tums are NOT gluten-free, but Gaviscon are, in all their forms and flavors.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how frustrating sometimes to figure these things out! I just went out and bought multi symptom rolaids and chucked the tums out just in case.

I am pretty sure that I had a gluten accident this weekend at a restaurant and have had horrible indigestion pain ever since Sunday. I remember reading somewhere on this board that Tums was not gluten-free. Does anyone know what type of medicine I can take for this? The pain is pretty bad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that. I use aloe vera juice - though I'm willing to bet you don't have that hanging around. You can find it at a healthfood shop or vitamins shop (not very tasty though). I use the Market America brand which is strawberry-kiwi and very yummy and doesn't cost any more either.

Also, I like to make some ginger tea. It really helps settle the stomach/intestines, and the more you drink (not just tea, but water in general) the quicker you will flush out the bad stuff.

Hope you are feeling better,

donna

I called Rolaids and they said crosscontam. can occure...Can any one post a link as to why Rolaids multi symptom are gluten-free? PS what is the other list besides the one listed?

I actually have a bottle of Tums 750s in my hand right now, and there is a tab at the bottom of the back label which clearly states "Gluten Free".

I'm very new to this, but this is what it says on the tums site (www.tums.com) under FAQs.

"Although we do not use gluten as a filler in TUMS, there may be trace amounts of gluten

in TUMS Smoothies Cocoa and Cream flavor via ingredients that are supplied by

outside vendors. Other products of TUMS do not contain gluten. Review the

I'm very new to this, but this is what it says on the tums site (www.tums.com) under FAQs.

"Although we do not use gluten as a filler in TUMS, there may be trace amounts of gluten

From their website:

How many do suffer from heartburn since the diagnosis of gluten sensitivity? I have been gluten free for 2 and half weeks and the heartburn is terrible. Would love some feedback on the best thing to take for it. Thanks so much in advance.

This is sort of an old thread, but I keep Tums in my house. I suffer from very occasional heartburn but when it comes it is awful and I eat the things like candy. While I have never picked up a bottle (including smoothie flavor) that isn't marked gluten free. That said, there is a statement on their website about it.

Although we do not use gluten as filler in TUMS, there may be trace amounts of gluten in TUMS Smoothies flavor via ingredients that are supplied by outside vendors. Other products of TUMS do not contain gluten. Review the “inactive ingredients” section on the bottle label to see if the variety you have selected contains gluten.

How many do suffer from heartburn since the diagnosis of gluten sensitivity? I have been gluten free for 2 and half weeks and the heartburn is terrible. Would love some feedback on the best thing to take for it. Thanks so much in advance.

What works well for me for heartburn is Pepto Bismal liquid. It usually works in one dose.