17 replies to this topic

#16 anngf4life

anngf4life

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

How many do suffer from heartburn since the diagnosis of gluten sensitivity? I have been gluten free for 2 and half weeks and the heartburn is terrible. Would love some feedback on the best thing to take for it. Thanks so much in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

This is sort of an old thread, but I keep Tums in my house. I suffer from very occasional heartburn but when it comes it is awful and I eat the things like candy. While I have never picked up a bottle (including smoothie flavor) that isn't marked gluten free. That said, there is a statement on their website about it.

Although we do not use gluten as filler in TUMS, there may be trace amounts of gluten in TUMS Smoothies flavor via ingredients that are supplied by outside vendors. Other products of TUMS do not contain gluten. Review the “inactive ingredients” section on the bottle label to see if the variety you have selected contains gluten.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#18 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

How many do suffer from heartburn since the diagnosis of gluten sensitivity? I have been gluten free for 2 and half weeks and the heartburn is terrible. Would love some feedback on the best thing to take for it. Thanks so much in advance.

What works well for me for heartburn is Pepto Bismal liquid. It usually works in one dose.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: