This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

One Good Dessert Recipe

WendyG

WendyG Explorer

OK you have all been wonderful with help and suggestions. I need to dive in with the baking. Can you offer some fail safe dessert recipes for me? I need to bring a dessert to a family function and I would like to eat it for a change.

thanks,

w

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac-mommy Collaborator
OK you have all been wonderful with help and suggestions. I need to dive in with the baking. Can you offer some fail safe dessert recipes for me? I need to bring a dessert to a family function and I would like to eat it for a change.

thanks,

w

I love this one, perfect mix of sweet and salty!

PRETZEL JELLO DESSERT

1 stick melted butter

1 1/2 c. crushed gluten-free pretzels

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese

1 lg. container Cool Whip

1 c. sugar

1 (6 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello

1 lg. pkg. frozen strawberries (I use no-sugar slices)

Mix melted butter, pretzels, and 1/2 cup sugar together and press into 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake 6 minutes at 350 degrees. Dissolve Jello in 2 cups boiling water and add frozen strawberries. Let gel. Combine cream cheese, Cool Whip, and 1/2 cup sugar; put on top of crumbs. When Jello is starting to set, pour over cheese layer and refrigerate until firm.

missy'smom Collaborator

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is very good. Here's a similar one with layers of whipped cream, cream cheese filling and pudding. Even the gluten eaters that I served it to liked it.

Open Original Shared Link

purple Community Regular

Go to kill.the.gluten and try the recipe for homemade brownies. The are the best! No kidding!! Follow the directions exactly but you can sub choc chips for the chunks. I used real butter. They list tips. Don't try to cut them until they cool. I read somewhere to cut brownies with a plastic knife. I think it works better than metal. Prob b/c the knife heats up and makes the brownies sticky. They are very ooey and gooey and chocolatey. Their web site has other good recipes and desserts, also lots of colored pics of the food. Celiacs need something special and these brownies are great.

purple Community Regular

Also here are 2 good cakes: recipezaar #209764 and 174346. They are One Bowl Chocolate Cake and an Apple cake. Be sure to read the reviews too. One day I made them both and I think I liked the apple cake better. I was suprised b/c I really love chocolate.

ShayFL Enthusiast

People at my Celiac's Support Group on Saturday said this was the best cake ever. One lady said she took it to a party and everyone ate her gluten-free flan cake and didnt want the other desserts:

Open Original Shared Link

I cant make it yet, cuz I am off dairy and eggs. But someday.....

IMWalt Contributor

When I am in the mood for something sweet (most of the time), I make a version of the old standby rice-krispie treat. I use what ever gluten-free cereal I have on hand. I like the Erewhon brown rice the best, I add chopped almonds, chopped walnuts, raisins, coconut, chocolate chips, or whatever else sounds good to me at the time. I cut them up and wrap in plastic wrap to freeze and have ready whenever I need one. Or two. Or three.

Walt

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ebrbetty Rising Star

Land O Lakes has some nice gluten-free recipes, the marble cake is yummy.

My favorite gluten-free dessert is choc chip cookies, just use the tollhouse recipe and replace the flour with Bette H featherlight flour mix..to die for lol

Archived