This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's Your Blood Type?

FoxersArtist

FoxersArtist Contributor

A Dr. recently told me that people with O type blood are more prone to wheat/gluten/casein allergies and conditions. Those with O blood types do better eating meats and vegetables. My whole family (hubby, kids, and myself) are all O+. I'm just curious to find out what blood type other celiacs are. If you are an O blood type, do you find it easier to process meats and veggies? I had a horrible time with meat before going gluten free. Now it seems to be the easiest thing on my tummy. I feel bloated and yucky when I eat too many grains/flours and do ok with dairy, though a lot of it upsets my tummy.

-Anna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

slmprofesseur Apprentice

Nope, we're all A+.

Juliebove Rising Star

Daughter and I are both O+. So is my mom. We all have food allergies, but daughter is the only one allergic to wheat and gluten. My mom has arthritis though and finds that wheat and nightshades make her arthritis worse.

home-based-mom Contributor

O negative. Mom was O negative, Dad was A Positive and then became A negative. :o Doctors still scratch their heads over that one, but he was a hot ticket item as a blood donor! :D

I believe my gluten intolerance comes from my mom's side of the family.

Ridgewalker Contributor

Wow... I am O+, as are my mom and both of my sons. Interesting.

mushroom Proficient

A+ for me. Supposedly the kind the mosquitoes like. (I can vouch for that.)

Katsby Apprentice

I'm O+.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jo.R Contributor

A- (the blood banks love me).

kenlove Rising Star

A+ for me -- my grades were not

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Doctors get funny ideas, and of course, think they are always right. Nope, we are all A+. My sister, dad, and I--all celiac, all A+.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I am O+

crazymurdock Apprentice

AB positive for me.

ShayFL Enthusiast

All A+

wolfie Enthusiast

O+ for me, I believe DS is as well. Not sure about DD or DH.

lizard00 Enthusiast

I'm A+

I did peruse the "A" book for the Blood Type Diet which says that A's are supposed to eat very limited amounts of wheat, dairy and meat. So, I have Celiac, don't do well with dairy and most days don't care if I eat meat. But some of the vegetables it says not to eat I don't have a problem with, so I'm not sure you can absolutely label all A's, or any blood type, as being intolerant to something...

Very interesting thread. Thanks for starting it!

Tim-n-VA Contributor

O neg for me.

"More prone to" would be a true statement if the percentage of type O with celiac is even slightly higher than the pecentage of any other type blood. Those psuedo-quantitative word cause problems.

mamaw Community Regular

O- for three of us all celiacs.... Dad was a+ not sure what Mother is.

O is the oldest blood type & we are considered the meat eaters not grain eaters. We too never really cared for much meat but now we eat lots of meat & veggies & we all feel better !

I get less migraines when I eat meat. I think we need more protein than other blood type but that is just my thought......

mamaw

Jo.R Contributor

I also wonder if it's because 0+ is the most common blood type in America.

curlyfries Contributor

All A+ in my family.

fedora Enthusiast

ME= B positive- gluten and casein intolerant, problems with heavy meats like pork and beef, sugar issues

hubby= A negative (the blood bank loves him)- Casein intolerant, never liked eggs

kids unkown(would they be AB?), 2 of 3 may be gluten intolerant

Aleshia Contributor

husband and I are both O+ not sure what the kids are

Jo.R Contributor
husband and I are both O+ not sure what the kids are

Your kids would be O as well.

Generic Apprentice

I'm an A+. (My grades matched except in math :P) There seems to be allot of us here. Interesting. Maybe it is the European descent.

Ab-Normal Rookie

I'm O-.

Tangentially, my mom is going nuts trying to figure out who the heck I inherited this from. We usually blame gut problems on my dad's side of the family, as they aren't around to defend themselves. ;)

Norma

gluten free for (checks system clock) 45 minutes. :D

cruelshoes Enthusiast

My son and I are both A-.

Archived