Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Rice And Constipation

7 posts in this topic

I remember my grandma always telling me that rice will bind you up. After a couple months gluten free my D is completely gone! (just on occasion I'll have extra loose stools with some cramping but not quite D) I have been having more frequent constipation and I assume it's b/c of the rice products I'm eating?? I don't eat white rice. I always buy brown rice and brown rice tinyada pasta with rice bran- does the rice bran add more fiber? or does it really make a differance if i buy it with or without? I was always wondering this. Then I saw that some people cant have rice bran or rice at all because of the protien it. :huh:

I eat plenty of veggies otherwise I dont know what I would do LOL - I'd be completely plugged up and dry. I ussually have brussel sprouts or broccolii- theses work the best for me, and I find that canned peaches help also, I eat apples everyday. Carrots I have to stay away from unless they are cooked well and potatoes just bother me altogether...

besides rice for my grains I also eat quinoa, kasha buckwheat cereal and occasionally corn tortillas. If there's anything else natural that helps with dry stools I'd luv some advice :) I cut back on the rice and notice the differance already. I'm not so much C but just really dry. (wow, gotta luv the poop topics) :lol:

Ads by Google:

This seems obvious, but gotta ask. Are you drinking enough fluid throughout the day?

ahh this sounds familiar, i know drink loads of fluids during the day, as well as more fruits and veggies then any human should, not to mention that i do drink tea that is a detox tea, its gluten free and it just helps things move along, it NOT a laxitive, its mostly green tea, dandilion, and a few other plants, you can get this in a drug store, i use one from Lame Advertisement, most of their products are gluten-free, itll take time but you will find something that works for you! GOOD LUCK!

thanks.

and yes, I drink plenty of fluids, mainly just water. Actually to help me drink more water i will mix it with a little lemon and clear liquid stevia. I often wonder if I drink too much water, but if I dont drink as much as I do I feel dried out. I also drink detox tea occasionally and green tea once or twice a day, they are both gluten-free. I definitly eat an insane number of fruits and veggies, but when I'm working it's hard to eat as much. I will keep searching for something...

thanks.

and yes, I drink plenty of fluids, mainly just water. Actually to help me drink more water i will mix it with a little lemon and clear liquid stevia. I often wonder if I drink too much water, but if I dont drink as much as I do I feel dried out. I also drink detox tea occasionally and green tea once or twice a day, they are both gluten-free. I definitly eat an insane number of fruits and veggies, but when I'm working it's hard to eat as much. I will keep searching for something...

sounds like your doing awsome your body will adjust to the diet in time, good luck!

sounds like your doing awsome your body will adjust to the diet in time, good luck!

thanks! I hope so. I am definitly doing better than I was a few months ago when I started.

A OTC gentle way to help hard stools is Colace Stool Softener

They are non habit forming and do help. One a day (usually) is all you need.