6 replies to this topic

#1 LuvMoosic4life

LuvMoosic4life

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

I remember my grandma always telling me that rice will bind you up. After a couple months gluten free my D is completely gone! (just on occasion I'll have extra loose stools with some cramping but not quite D) I have been having more frequent constipation and I assume it's b/c of the rice products I'm eating?? I don't eat white rice. I always buy brown rice and brown rice tinyada pasta with rice bran- does the rice bran add more fiber? or does it really make a differance if i buy it with or without? I was always wondering this. Then I saw that some people cant have rice bran or rice at all because of the protien it. :huh:

I eat plenty of veggies otherwise I dont know what I would do LOL - I'd be completely plugged up and dry. I ussually have brussel sprouts or broccolii- theses work the best for me, and I find that canned peaches help also, I eat apples everyday. Carrots I have to stay away from unless they are cooked well and potatoes just bother me altogether...

besides rice for my grains I also eat quinoa, kasha buckwheat cereal and occasionally corn tortillas. If there's anything else natural that helps with dry stools I'd luv some advice :) I cut back on the rice and notice the differance already. I'm not so much C but just really dry. (wow, gotta luv the poop topics) :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ShayFL

ShayFL

ShayFL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

This seems obvious, but gotta ask. Are you drinking enough fluid throughout the day?
GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

#3 dally099

dally099

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

ahh this sounds familiar, i know drink loads of fluids during the day, as well as more fruits and veggies then any human should, not to mention that i do drink tea that is a detox tea, its gluten free and it just helps things move along, it NOT a laxitive, its mostly green tea, dandilion, and a few other plants, you can get this in a drug store, i use one from Lame Advertisement, most of their products are gluten-free, itll take time but you will find something that works for you! GOOD LUCK!

Nadine
mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)
all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006
G.F. since Feb 2007
Soy free since April 2007
Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:
Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)
carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene
nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

#4 LuvMoosic4life

LuvMoosic4life

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:49 AM

thanks.

and yes, I drink plenty of fluids, mainly just water. Actually to help me drink more water i will mix it with a little lemon and clear liquid stevia. I often wonder if I drink too much water, but if I dont drink as much as I do I feel dried out. I also drink detox tea occasionally and green tea once or twice a day, they are both gluten-free. I definitly eat an insane number of fruits and veggies, but when I'm working it's hard to eat as much. I will keep searching for something...

#5 dally099

dally099

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

thanks.

and yes, I drink plenty of fluids, mainly just water. Actually to help me drink more water i will mix it with a little lemon and clear liquid stevia. I often wonder if I drink too much water, but if I dont drink as much as I do I feel dried out. I also drink detox tea occasionally and green tea once or twice a day, they are both gluten-free. I definitly eat an insane number of fruits and veggies, but when I'm working it's hard to eat as much. I will keep searching for something...

sounds like your doing awsome your body will adjust to the diet in time, good luck!

Nadine
mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)
all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006
G.F. since Feb 2007
Soy free since April 2007
Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:
Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)
carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene
nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

#6 LuvMoosic4life

LuvMoosic4life

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

sounds like your doing awsome your body will adjust to the diet in time, good luck!

thanks! I hope so. I am definitly doing better than I was a few months ago when I started.

#7 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:02 AM

A OTC gentle way to help hard stools is Colace Stool Softener
They are non habit forming and do help. One a day (usually) is all you need.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: