3 replies to this topic

#1 b91hd7fjk

b91hd7fjk

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

I guess it sounded ok to me because I bought a canned chicken soup and it has Yeast Extract in there...does anyone know if this is going to make me sick?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ShayFL

ShayFL

ShayFL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Not sure about gluten but it is chock full of MSG so it would make me sick.
GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

#3 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

I guess it sounded ok to me because I bought a canned chicken soup and it has Yeast Extract in there...does anyone know if this is going to make me sick?

http://en.wikipedia....i/Yeast_extract

Yeast extract is not gluten related. I can't vouch for the other ingredients in the chicken soup, though.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 Pame

Pame

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

sadly it seems anything with yeast extract also makes me sick, it is not gluten although sometimes it can be made from barley but I am figuring if they say it is gluten free that is not the case, but it is a form of msg and that makes me sick. I wish someone would point me in the directions of
gluten free, no msg and that means no msg not just less than 99% as the fda allows them to say even when it has 98% msg in the say 1 tsp of ingredient with2% being another ingredient, snack. Someday we will have our food frankly stated what is in it and not have all these games played to sellus something we wouldn't buy if we knew what was really in it. Still figuring out what I can eat and what I can't after over a year. Just found out the mega green juice I was using to make smoothies for the past 2 weeks has barley in it, who would have thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: