Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is Yeast Extract A No-no?

4 posts in this topic

I guess it sounded ok to me because I bought a canned chicken soup and it has Yeast Extract in there...does anyone know if this is going to make me sick?

Ads by Google:

Not sure about gluten but it is chock full of MSG so it would make me sick.

I guess it sounded ok to me because I bought a canned chicken soup and it has Yeast Extract in there...does anyone know if this is going to make me sick?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeast_extract

Yeast extract is not gluten related. I can't vouch for the other ingredients in the chicken soup, though.

sadly it seems anything with yeast extract also makes me sick, it is not gluten although sometimes it can be made from barley but I am figuring if they say it is gluten free that is not the case, but it is a form of msg and that makes me sick. I wish someone would point me in the directions of

gluten free, no msg and that means no msg not just less than 99% as the fda allows them to say even when it has 98% msg in the say 1 tsp of ingredient with2% being another ingredient, snack. Someday we will have our food frankly stated what is in it and not have all these games played to sellus something we wouldn't buy if we knew what was really in it. Still figuring out what I can eat and what I can't after over a year. Just found out the mega green juice I was using to make smoothies for the past 2 weeks has barley in it, who would have thought.