This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Computer Screen Is Too Small

imsohungry

imsohungry Collaborator

O.k.

I know I have a lot of incredibly useful ideas to add to this site :rolleyes:

And I love reading the very useful and enlightening thoughts posted by others. B)

Too bad I can't do that easily anymore. My computer screen has shrunk or something.

I don't know what the heck happened. Now, when I log on, I have to scroll back and forth

across the page to read a post. It doesn't just show me the whole post in front of me.

Now, I'm a fairly lazy person. And it's a pain in the butt having to move the page back and forth (plus

it kind of gives me a headache).

So, I need computer guidance. Why are the posts so big, or is my screen too small? How do I get it back

to normal? :huh:

-Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

home-based-mom Contributor
O.k.

I know I have a lot of incredibly useful ideas to add to this site :rolleyes:

And I love reading the very useful and enlightening thoughts posted by others. B)

Too bad I can't do that easily anymore. My computer screen has shrunk or something.

I don't know what the heck happened. Now, when I log on, I have to scroll back and forth

across the page to read a post. It doesn't just show me the whole post in front of me.

Now, I'm a fairly lazy person. And it's a pain in the butt having to move the page back and forth (plus

it kind of gives me a headache).

So, I need computer guidance. Why are the posts so big, or is my screen too small? How do I get it back

to normal? :huh:

-Julie

There are now ads on both sides of the posts, but on my monitor I can put the posts in the middle by sliding the scroll bar along the bottom so I don't see any ads - only posts. (Sorry, Scott <_< )

My monitor display is set at 1024 by 768. If you don't know what yours is, right click on a blank area of your desk top (I have Windows xp - other systems may vary) and when the box pops up, click on Properties and then the settings tab. There should be a sliding arrow that goes between Less and More. Play around with it until you like what you get. It will ask you to save settings, and the screen may go dark for a moment which is kinda freaky but doesn't hurt anything.

Another possibility is your View text size may have been tweaked. At the very top of your screen, click on View and then Test Size. You can make the print smaller or bigger. If you have a mouse that scrolls, and you were scrolling with your finger on the Control Key, that may explain everything! :rolleyes:

darlindeb25 Collaborator

imsohungry--I don't think it is your monitor or mine. I am having the same problem with this forum. It just started a few days ago. It can't be my monitor, because it isn't happening in any of my other forums, only this one. I think something has been twinked in here. I know it was mentioned that Scott has been making some changes, so it very well may be, this is one of them. I too, have been aggravated that the posts are all too big for the page.

flourgirl Apprentice

This same problem was mentioned before by others. It IS a giant pain in the patootie. I thought I would get used to it, but I still don't like it.....too much work moving around for every line. I find that I give up before I read all of the current posts. Wish the old size settings would get restored. I tried changing my own screen resolution....didn't do anything for me.

mamaw Community Regular

I too, only have the problem with this site. Maybe Scott will come to our rescue & fix this .

mamaw

purple Community Regular

I have to slide mine over an inch or 2, in order to read the last couple or words on each line but only one time not repeatedly and it wasn't like that before.

RiceGuy Collaborator

Yep, same issue for me too. It's been like this several weeks I think. The screen resolution doesn't fix it, but a high enough setting let's you position the posts in the middle as was mentioned.

It is an easy thing to fix though, no matter that ads are on both sides. That has been the case even before this problem started, so it isn't the cause. If Scott can change the width of the posts, that will fix it. The posts simply wrap around within the space provided.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cruelshoes Enthusiast

On my work PC, which is set to 1280x1024 with dual monitors, I can see the whole page just fine. On my 1024x768 single monitor at home, I just slide the page over so I can't see the ads on either side but can see the post in the middle. I guess that just means more time at work and less on my own time. :lol:

mamaw Community Regular

I changed my setting & now I get the whole page without scrolling every time. I only had this problem with this site. Now everything is in small form !. Can't this be chaged on this site-- it never used to be this way. ANd I'm sure I'm not the only one that has trouble reading small print......HELP>>>>>>> PLEASE SCOTT

mamaw

AliB Enthusiast

Me too! I don't actually mind that I can't see the adverts :lol: as unfortunately I can't eat most of the food that is advertised and seeing it just makes me even more depressed, but I do get annoyed at having to keep sliding the bar along every time I want to read a post.

If the idea is that we can see the adverts when we are reading the posts, then if Scott has changed the sizings, he's shot himself in the foot!

Archived