This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dull Ache / Burning / Pain In Testicles Associated With Celiac?

bfrange

bfrange Newbie

Has anyone had a dull ache / burning / pain in testicles associated with Celiac Disease? I was diagnosed with Chronic Epididymitis but, there's no cure for that and it's really just a symptom. (Inflammation of the Epididymis). Anybody have these symptoms and then find them to be due to Celiac?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

April in KC Apprentice

No testicles here (I'm female), but I did have some tender/painful spots near my hip and groin on one side that have improved on the diet. In my case, I think that my gluten intolerance was contributing to the inflammation caused by another condition, endometriosis. I don''t really know if there is a direct causal relationship, but I do think that it's good to avoid gluten if you are intolerant to it.

purple Community Regular
No testicles here (I'm female), but I did have some tender/painful spots near my hip and groin on one side that have improved on the diet. In my case, I think that my gluten intolerance was contributing to the inflammation caused by another condition, endometriosis. I don''t really know if there is a direct causal relationship, but I do think that it's good to avoid gluten if you are intolerant to it.

Same here. My daughter kept complaining of ovary pain when she was not on her period. She had extreme pms. I saw many endometriosis symptoms in her. She was diagnosed allergic to gluten.

Ropedartman Newbie

Well, I'm new here and am not sure that I have a Gluten-allergy or just a wheat-intolerance (trying an elimination diet this month). But, one of the issues that I've been having over the years (Doctor's have had no answer for), is a dull ache in my left testicle. Seems to come on with stress maybe, hard to say. Comes and goes, but there is occasional burning as well. One of the symptoms with wheat intolerance is constant yeast issues in that area, I believe that to be part of my problem. I have been tested for everything I could think of and doctor's keep telling me it's in my head. I'll know more after a month of my diet, but I believe that the pain is related to my suspected wheat (maybe gluten) intolerance.

bfrange Newbie
Well, I'm new here and am not sure that I have a Gluten-allergy or just a wheat-intolerance (trying an elimination diet this month). But, one of the issues that I've been having over the years (Doctor's have had no answer for), is a dull ache in my left testicle. Seems to come on with stress maybe, hard to say. Comes and goes, but there is occasional burning as well. One of the symptoms with wheat intolerance is constant yeast issues in that area, I believe that to be part of my problem. I have been tested for everything I could think of and doctor's keep telling me it's in my head. I'll know more after a month of my diet, but I believe that the pain is related to my suspected wheat (maybe gluten) intolerance.

That's good to hear. Well not good, obviously, but, comforting to know that someone is in the same boat as me. Don't let doctors tell you it's all in your head! You'll know when you're 100% healthy and when you're not. Just like that woman with Cancer on "Lost" when she went to the island and said she feels better and she just knows.

One thing to note. Did you ever get a testicular sonogram? You could just have a varicocele and that could be causing the slight pain in one testicle. I had two of them and got the surgery to get them repaired.

If that's not the case, then I'm doing the same thing you're doing. I've been on the diet for a little over a week now and things have gotten slightly better but, I don't feel like the woman on "Lost" (all-healed) you know? That's interesting what you say about the yeast though.

I hope everything works out for you, and thanks for the other two posts as well.

kenlove Rising Star

make sure you get your male hormone levels checked. Makes a big difference in energy and testicular pain.

Even after 2 years of being gluten-free you still need to monitor levels of testosterone.

ken

That's good to hear. Well not good, obviously, but, comforting to know that someone is in the same boat as me. Don't let doctors tell you it's all in your head! You'll know when you're 100% healthy and when you're not. Just like that woman with Cancer on "Lost" when she went to the island and said she feels better and she just knows.

One thing to note. Did you ever get a testicular sonogram? You could just have a varicocele and that could be causing the slight pain in one testicle. I had two of them and got the surgery to get them repaired.

If that's not the case, then I'm doing the same thing you're doing. I've been on the diet for a little over a week now and things have gotten slightly better but, I don't feel like the woman on "Lost" (all-healed) you know? That's interesting what you say about the yeast though.

I hope everything works out for you, and thanks for the other two posts as well.

bfrange Newbie

I'll be getting my hormone levels checked next Wednesday. Thanks for the tip.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 5 months later...
Constipatedcyclist Newbie
make sure you get your male hormone levels checked. Makes a big difference in energy and testicular pain.

Even after 2 years of being gluten-free you still need to monitor levels of testosterone.

ken

Hi all this is my first post and im glad i found this place, seems to be lots of information around here. And ive been lacking.

So u have had testicular pain and low hormone levels assiciated with gluten?

3-4 years ago i was having some difficulty after eating and it took a year to find out it was gluten intolerance or celiac.

I also had immense testicle pain and prostatitis from time to time and very low energy levels, i even had to quit my job and dident know what was going on. I sort of had a crash one day and from that point its been uphill most of the time.

Now since about a year ago and going on a strict diet im much better, but still im struggeling with low energy and low libido stamina and insomnia or 15 hour straight sleep..

I checked my hormone levels when i had this crash and my Testosterone was low beynond normal range for population and that includes all ages of men and im only 30! I tested them on and off but they were always low.

Now on diet about 3 month ago i tested again. Testosterone had actually doubled and was now rather high.

Then i was convinced by some1 i could eat oats so i ate some porridge. Bad idea, intensive pain bloating etc etc, and testicle pain also came back within an hour, prostate acting up again. 1 day later i get tested again (cause i was scheduled) and now my testosterone is low again and my cortisol is also low at this test.

This was only 1 week ago and im still suffering cold dull pain in genitals.

Is it possible that gluten is behind all the hormonal issues im having? I dont know what to think right now and i feel abit lost as what to do. Or is it more likely that my hormonal levels are causing my intolerance to gluten?

Id hate to be on hormone replacement for life but i also cant have this rollercoaster and low energy levels anymore. I feel my former healthy body is taking to much of a beating right now and all kind of symptoms are developing.

B4 all of this i had zero health issues in my life and was a bike messenger for 8 hour / day so i was in very good shape.

Today i work as a bike messenger again but i feel like my body cant take it and im running on fumes.

All feedback appreciated

kenlove Rising Star

Hi, I think it's diet related. Since diagnoses I never cheated on the diet although there have been some accidental glutenings.

When accidents happen i do get pain and I can feel the difference. After a week of being strictly gluten free and using a testosterone patch, I'm usually back to normal. Don't need anything after a week and using the patches 2 or 3 times.

This has happened maybe 5 or 6 times in the past few years. With the diet you dont have to be on hormones for life but you do have to stay on the gluten-free diet for life.

I don't think being in shape has anything to do with it. Although my son is your age, I research tropical fruit and climb mountains in Hawaii looking for wild bananas and a lot of farming. We also have a football hall of fame member on the forum with the same problems.

Bottom line is you have to stay gluten free and find the gluten-free foods you enjoy.

Good luck

Ken

Hi all this is my first post and im glad i found this place, seems to be lots of information around here. And ive been lacking.

So u have had testicular pain and low hormone levels assiciated with gluten?

3-4 years ago i was having some difficulty after eating and it took a year to find out it was gluten intolerance or celiac.

I also had immense testicle pain and prostatitis from time to time and very low energy levels, i even had to quit my job and dident know what was going on. I sort of had a crash one day and from that point its been uphill most of the time.

Now since about a year ago and going on a strict diet im much better, but still im struggeling with low energy and low libido stamina and insomnia or 15 hour straight sleep..

I checked my hormone levels when i had this crash and my Testosterone was low beynond normal range for population and that includes all ages of men and im only 30! I tested them on and off but they were always low.

Now on diet about 3 month ago i tested again. Testosterone had actually doubled and was now rather high.

Then i was convinced by some1 i could eat oats so i ate some porridge. Bad idea, intensive pain bloating etc etc, and testicle pain also came back within an hour, prostate acting up again. 1 day later i get tested again (cause i was scheduled) and now my testosterone is low again and my cortisol is also low at this test.

This was only 1 week ago and im still suffering cold dull pain in genitals.

Is it possible that gluten is behind all the hormonal issues im having? I dont know what to think right now and i feel abit lost as what to do. Or is it more likely that my hormonal levels are causing my intolerance to gluten?

Id hate to be on hormone replacement for life but i also cant have this rollercoaster and low energy levels anymore. I feel my former healthy body is taking to much of a beating right now and all kind of symptoms are developing.

B4 all of this i had zero health issues in my life and was a bike messenger for 8 hour / day so i was in very good shape.

Today i work as a bike messenger again but i feel like my body cant take it and im running on fumes.

All feedback appreciated

Constipatedcyclist Newbie
Hi, I think it's diet related. Since diagnoses I never cheated on the diet although there have been some accidental glutenings.

When accidents happen i do get pain and I can feel the difference. After a week of being strictly gluten free and using a testosterone patch, I'm usually back to normal. Don't need anything after a week and using the patches 2 or 3 times.

This has happened maybe 5 or 6 times in the past few years. With the diet you dont have to be on hormones for life but you do have to stay on the gluten-free diet for life.

I don't think being in shape has anything to do with it. Although my son is your age, I research tropical fruit and climb mountains in Hawaii looking for wild bananas and a lot of farming. We also have a football hall of fame member on the forum with the same problems.

Bottom line is you have to stay gluten free and find the gluten-free foods you enjoy.

Good luck

Ken

Hey.

Just thinking there might be hope makes me feel sooo much better.

Celiac is tough and all but no libido is killing my relationship so this is very good news.

I tried Testosterone and was better on it, but then i stopped and things went back to worse again. Im not even sure i was following a diet at that point so that could have been the missing link.

Thank you for lifting my spirit!

kenlove Rising Star

Stick with the patches for a few weeks and I'm sure you'll be fine. At my worst I had to have 2 injections of hormones but that was before they figured out the celiac. It does get keep getting better and better if you stick to the diet.

good luck

Ken

Hey.

Just thinking there might be hope makes me feel sooo much better.

Celiac is tough and all but no libido is killing my relationship so this is very good news.

I tried Testosterone and was better on it, but then i stopped and things went back to worse again. Im not even sure i was following a diet at that point so that could have been the missing link.

Thank you for lifting my spirit!

ksymonds84 Enthusiast
I'll be getting my hormone levels checked next Wednesday. Thanks for the tip.

Hello,

My 23 year old son had your issues a few months ago and it was on his left side too. He looked it up online and got super scared over things he read and stayed up all night. I urged him to call the doctor right away and he got in that day. The doctor didn't see anything to be concerned with and told him, for some reason that can just sometimes happen, hormones or lifting something heavy etc. He signed him up for a sonogram just incase and everything turned out fine. The pain went away in about a week and it hasn't returned since. Hope yours clears up just as easy.

Archived