4 replies to this topic

#1 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

I made this last night for a work party, it was flawless!!!!

Prep Time:
20 minTotal Time:
4 hr 5 minMakes:
16 servings, 1 piece each

1 batch gluten-free vanilla wafer cookies, divided--see recipe at bottom, (made day before)
5 tsp. Instant Coffee, divided
3 Tbsp. hot water, divided
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened (I used 2 light and 2 fat free)
1 cup sugar
1 cup Sour Cream (I used light)
4 eggs
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

PREHEAT oven to 325F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Layer half of the cookies on bottom of prepared pan. Dissolve 2 tsp. of the coffee granules in 2 Tbsp. of the hot water. Brush cookies with half of the dissolved coffee mixture; set remaining aside.

BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Dissolve remaining 3 tsp. coffee granules in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot water. Remove 3-1/2 cups of the batter; place in medium bowl. Stir in dissolved coffee. Pour coffee flavored batter over cookies in baking pan. Layer remaining cookies over batter. Brush cookies with reserved dissolved coffee. Pour remaining plain batter over cookies.

BAKE 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil handles. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with cocoa. Cut into 16 pieces to serve. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Vanilla "wafers"

1 cup rice flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg

1. Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
3. Add dry to wet and mix til it looks like pastry dough.
4. Add water if necessary.
5. Shape into <1 inch balls and place 3 inches apart on parchmented cookie sheet.
6. Flatten with a Pam'd bottom of drinking glass to 1/8 inch thick.
7. Bake at 375F for 6 to 10 min or until slightly browned, cool completely
8. Makes about ~4 dozen cookies.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ohsotired

ohsotired

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

This sounds really yummy!
Dx Celiac 08/22/08
Iron Deficient Anemia / Blood Clotting Disorder / Severe Vit D Deficiency / Low Cortisol / Progesterone/Testosterone Deficient

Persisting Sx: bouts of extreme fatigue, dry itchy skin, dry gritty eyes, bouts of brain fog and terrible short term memory, hair loss, hypoglycemic tendencies, low body temps, low BP, cold hands and feet

UPDATE: Began BHRT 9/22/10 and it made a world of difference, for about 2 weeks. Hair loss stopped almost completely, energy levels way up and felt 19 again! Going back for a booster this week....

#3 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

I copied the recipe, it sounds fabulous and I need to try it!
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 susieg_1

susieg_1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

I copied the recipe, it sounds fabulous and I need to try it!

I did too!!! Now I have a wicked craving for s piece of cheesecake...got to try this one, thanks :D
Self dx celiac disease
Gluten free since July 2007
Clinical dx celiac disease November 2007
Self-dx Lyme disease May 2008
Lyme confirmed positive Western Blot May 2008

#5 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

I had 2 people tell me it was the best cheesecake they've ever had. I got 20 good sized pieces out of it and by reducing the fat on the cream cheese and sour cream, I knocked the calories per piece from ~400 to 220!!!!! So go ahead and eat 2 pieces-or 3... :lol:
It loos really pretty when the pieces are cut too. I took it from the fridge, cut it BEFORE putting the cool whip on it, then put on the topping and dusted with chocolate, then I gently pulled the pieces apart. It was a lot less messy than having to cut thru the cool whip. Let me know how you like it!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: