Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Question From A Newbie

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone :D

I'm new to this board, and have been finding it very helpful. I was diagnosed last July after having been sick for about 3 years. My dr. thought it was my gall bladder and wanted to take it out :( but the surgeon wanted a bowel biopsy done first and - there was the celiac disease. A great relief it was to find out what was really the problem!

Now I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Can one absorb gluten through the mucous membranes? My sister who is also celiac and I are both on Miacalcin nasal spray (for osteoporosis)and she thinks that it's causing some celiac symptoms in her. The ingredient list sounds OK, but as miacalcin is a synthetic hormone who knows what they use to make it.

I'd appreicate your comments.

mopsie

Ads by Google:

The nasal passage leads directly to the throat, which in turn leads to your tummy (eventually). So yes it could be ingested, most likely in small quantities, but those still count and can do damage. You should call about the ingredients. Better to be safe than sick!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

yes...you should have those ingredients checked to make sure they are gluten free. You don't want to put anything into your body that could cause a reaction. Better to be safe :D