#1 mopsie

mopsie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:10 PM

Hello Everyone :D
I'm new to this board, and have been finding it very helpful. I was diagnosed last July after having been sick for about 3 years. My dr. thought it was my gall bladder and wanted to take it out :( but the surgeon wanted a bowel biopsy done first and - there was the celiac disease. A great relief it was to find out what was really the problem!
Now I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Can one absorb gluten through the mucous membranes? My sister who is also celiac and I are both on Miacalcin nasal spray (for osteoporosis)and she thinks that it's causing some celiac symptoms in her. The ingredient list sounds OK, but as miacalcin is a synthetic hormone who knows what they use to make it.
I'd appreicate your comments.
mopsie
mopsie

gluten free since July 04
hypothyroid, osteoporosis

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:38 PM

The nasal passage leads directly to the throat, which in turn leads to your tummy (eventually). So yes it could be ingested, most likely in small quantities, but those still count and can do damage. You should call about the ingredients. Better to be safe than sick!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

yes...you should have those ingredients checked to make sure they are gluten free. You don't want to put anything into your body that could cause a reaction. Better to be safe :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: