46 replies to this topic

#1 Softballer7

Softballer7

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:59 PM

anyone here wanna talk about like celiac and stuff!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 purple

purple

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

Hey, nobody has replied yet, sorry. I have 2 teens allergic to gluten so I just stopped by to say HI :D
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#3 CeliacAlli

CeliacAlli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

Get them on here to talk!!! :P

#4 wrachelle

wrachelle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

im 17 and was recently diagnosed with celiac disease and ive been lookin for someone around my age to talk to. if you want to talk you can email me at w.rachelle@yahoo.com
that goes for everyone who wants to talk. i love talking to people. but a lot of people dont get what i go through and how i feel. im just lookin for another celiac
i check my email everyday, i dont know how often ill be on the board

thanks =]

#5 nikky

nikky

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

hey im 15 and was diagnosed in December, pm me if you want, or join celiac teens (www.celiacteens.com/messageboard)

"great works are performed not by strength but by perseverence"

Diagnosed coeliac - aged 14

Asthma

Osteopinia

High blood calcium

Crohn's disease -december 2012 

#6 SBJCHICK

SBJCHICK

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

ok so hey guys....my dr. is 75% sure i have celiac disease.. i have to go on a gluten-free diet starting tomorrow for a few weeks, and even if my test negative and then if i feeel better i guess i will be gluten-free forever!!!!!! ...i had my endoscopy today oh what fun that was...i have been looking up just info so i will be well informed and celiac seems to STINK..i am 16 btw and i would love some advice =P

thanks guys

#7 kenzie101

kenzie101

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

anyone here wanna talk about like celiac and stuff!!!

hi! im 14. i have been gluten free now for almost a year.i know two other people that have a gluten intolerance too. but they are older than me by several years than me. so i would like to talk to some kids that are around my age.
thanks
~kenzie

#8 Lollipop

Lollipop

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

hi i'm becca. i'm 14 and have had celiac for over a year now. pm me if you want my email, or just to talk. Right now I'm on a special diet for another disease i have, so all i can eat is formula (like the kind babies have-which i get through an ng tube cuz it tastes nasty :blink: ), cantelope, and potatoes. I was gluten free for a year before this diet and felt much better.

becca
I'm 14 years old. diagnosed may 2007. also have eosinophilic esophagitis- and have an ng tube for that.

#9 CeliacAlli

CeliacAlli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:28 PM

ok so hey guys....my dr. is 75% sure i have celiac disease.. i have to go on a gluten-free diet starting tomorrow for a few weeks, and even if my test negative and then if i feeel better i guess i will be gluten-free forever!!!!!! ...i had my endoscopy today oh what fun that was...i have been looking up just info so i will be well informed and celiac seems to STINK..i am 16 btw and i would love some advice =P

thanks guys

It doesn't always stink, but at times it seems that way. It's a way of life, that eventually you WILL get used to. If you have a craving for something that you can't have then eat something even better that you can have, even if it's not healthy it's healthier than having gluten. I don't really know what it's like to go from having gluten filled stuff to none at all but I do have a curiosity/ a want to try what everyone else is having. In kindergarten I took a goldfish cracker from someone ate it and was vomiting for ten days..this has happened many times unfortunately. Hope this helps!!!
Alli
Gluten free since I was 11 months old
positive blood test
positive biopsy

#10 Katester

Katester

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

I do. I'm 15 and was just diagnosed in January. I haven't found any that's near my age and willing to talk!

symptoms-october 5th, 2007
negative endoscopy and colonoscopy-december 2007
positive bloodwork-january 2008
diagnosed celiac-january 8, 2008

"At the end of the day, the fact that we're still here is reason enough to celebrate."

#11 CeliacAlli

CeliacAlli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

I do. I'm 15 and was just diagnosed in January. I haven't found any that's near my age and willing to talk!

email me any time katester....allisonnn04@aim.com or softballstarallie@yahoo.com. I check it every day so email me if you wanna talk or post on here!! I love talking to other celiacs!!!!!!

#12 CeliacAlli

CeliacAlli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

Okay well just wondering if this happened/happens to anyone else:

My parents had a middle with my teachers because they need to be aware that I have celiac. Thats FINE, BuT they are annoying about it, like I don't know what I can and can't have or I want to try something I know I can't have(well yah there are temptations but I can get over it!!!)...anyone else feel like you just want to be treated the same and have them still realize the situation..my parents don't have celiac and they don't understand. It's so frusterating!

#13 CeliacAlli

CeliacAlli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

Okay well just wondering if this happened/happens to anyone else:

My parents had a middle with my teachers because they need to be aware that I have celiac. Thats FINE, BuT they are annoying about it, like I don't know what I can and can't have or I want to try something I know I can't have(well yah there are temptations but I can get over it!!!)...anyone else feel like you just want to be treated the same and have them still realize the situation..my parents don't have celiac and they don't understand. It's so frusterating!

#14 CranberryTheif

CranberryTheif

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

I hate going to resuraunts with my mom.

First thing she does when the server comes is jumps on them with "No Gluten and this and that"

Its annoying and embarrassing.

Especially because I'm not 5. I can tell the server my needs and ask questions.

She doesn't have Celiac either.

I'm the only one in my immediate family...
>.<

#15 CeliacAlli

CeliacAlli

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

I hate going to resuraunts with my mom.

First thing she does when the server comes is jumps on them with "No Gluten and this and that"

Its annoying and embarrassing.

Especially because I'm not 5. I can tell the server my needs and ask questions.

She doesn't have Celiac either.

I'm the only one in my immediate family...
>.<

I totally understand...anyone like completely emotional some days and you cannot figure out why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: