15 replies to this topic

#16 lizard00

lizard00

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

Going gluten-free has given me my happiness for life back. Sounds corny, I know.

But before I went gluten-free, I felt bad ALL the time. Everything I ate made me sick, and if by chance I didn't get sick from eating, I was too exhausted to care. I have a 3yr old, so a year ago, my little guy had a mommy who was always too tired to play with him. If I think about how irritable I was then, and how little patience I had for him, it sends me into horrible guilt. But now, that's all over. We sing, laugh, all of those things that I was jealous of other people for being able to do.

I had lost interest in pretty much everything. So we never did anything as a family, because, I was too tired and didn't care. And I'm sure my husband really didn't appreciate my lack of interest in anything... B)

Besides which, it has kept me from getting other ailments associated with undiagnosed celiac. And since I carry two copies of that lovely DQ2 gene, which is associated with type 1 diabetes, I figured that wasn't too far off in the horizon. Maybe now I'll never even have to deal with that.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: