Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Defense

8 posts in this topic

Hi! As a newly diagnosed Celiac, I visited my local Natural Food and the owner (a self-diagnosed celiac) suggested a product called Gluten Defense to help break down any accidently consumed gluten in my diet as I try to navigate my way to a strictly gluten-free diet. Does anyone have any thoughts or information on this product? Many thanks!

Ads by Google:

Search "Glutenese" in the forums....same thing.

Not saying you cant take it, but you shouldnt rely on it or think it will keep you from being damaged. It wont.

Search "Glutenese" in the forums....same thing.

Not saying you cant take it, but you shouldnt rely on it or think it will keep you from being damaged. It wont.

Thanks! Now perhaps another question... Is it worth the $25 a bottle in the event of any accidental ingestion until I better master all the foods that are acceptable for celiacs?

You might need to read the bottle. If it says 'take before', then it won't work as a rescue, but it might help if you know you're going to a restaurant.

Personally, for the first 2 or 3 months I would only eat simple meats, veggies (fresh and frozen), fruits, eggs, pure spices, plain nuts & seeds (read the labels). Eating out is too risky at first. I learned the hard way......

Thanks for the recommendation but sadly my job requires extensive travel and I only actually eat maybe <6 meals a week at home. Any recommendations for gluten-free dining guides?

Thanks for the recommendation but sadly my job requires extensive travel and I only actually eat maybe <6 meals a week at home. Any recommendations for gluten-free dining guides?

I would highly recommend the Triumph Dining Guide as well as the Triumph Restaurant Cards. You can check them out at www.triumphdining.com or they are available at the Gluten Free Mall on this site.

I have both and I use them frequently, especially when traveling.

Thanks so much for the info! I will check it out now :)