2 replies to this topic

#1 nikky

nikky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

After my recent camping trip (2 days walking with 1/4 of body wieght on my back), my already painful side/stomach has gotten worse (dont worry i got doctors permission before i went) ive got to go again in a few months and was wondering if any one knew of good pain relief, thats suitable for under 16's, paracetamol doesnt help and ibprofen isnt really that much better. thankyou.

"great works are performed not by strength but by perseverence"

Diagnosed coeliac - aged 14

Asthma

Osteopinia

High blood calcium

Crohn's disease -december 2012 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 veggienft

veggienft

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

After my recent camping trip (2 days walking with 1/4 of body wieght on my back), my already painful side/stomach has gotten worse (dont worry i got doctors permission before i went) ive got to go again in a few months and was wondering if any one knew of good pain relief, thats suitable for under 16's, paracetamol doesnt help and ibprofen isnt really that much better. thankyou.

Taking pain pills for post-stress muscle aches is not a good life plan. Planning a new stress incident this way is bad.

Every pain reliever, regardless of its chemical methods, has drawbacks .....ways it harms your body.

You should build up to large physical stresses with progressive smaller physical stresses.

The way muscles become stronger is via damage, inflamation and recovery. Inflamation causes pain. Most pain killers relieve inflamation, and that inhibits muscle strengthening. Leading up to your next hike, carry the pack you plan to carry on the long hike. Start with shorter hikes with less weight. Increase the weight and the distance until you arrive at your goal.

I've done it. It works.

Now start telling me about busy and time.

Do it right, or don't do it.

Edit: I finally noticed your signature symptoms. I came back to revise my post, but decided against it. The principles apply to everyone. Maybe this level of exertion is beyond your reach, but you won't know without trying to build up.

#3 nikky

nikky

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:31 AM

Taking pain pills for post-stress muscle aches is not a good life plan. Planning a new stress incident this way is bad.

I know taking pills all the time isnt healthy, but its the only way i can sleep sometimes, and the pain isnt in the muscule, they (the doctors) think its bowel or ovary related. I probably should of said that, my bad, sorry.

as for "Now start telling me about busy and time." , yea i am busy, i have my last year of school starting in september, but i always find time for my health, regardless of what else is going on in my life.

"great works are performed not by strength but by perseverence"

Diagnosed coeliac - aged 14

Asthma

Osteopinia

High blood calcium

Crohn's disease -december 2012 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: