3 replies to this topic

#1 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

Elisabet lives in Norway, but was in Toronto on business, staying with her cousin. We had been in touch by e-mail and phone before, and when she knew she was coming to Toronto, we decided to meet.

I picked her up from her cousin's place (she lives in a mansion, no kidding), and we went to have lunch at Swiss Chalet on Yonge Street. It was really nice to finally meet somebody from this forum! I had thought I'd meet somebody living in Canada first, but you never know what is going to happen.

Of course, there are lots of restaurant choices in Toronto, but I know that Swiss Chalet is safe for me, I've never been glutened there. Elisabet could have eaten anything, because her son is gluten intolerant, and she isn't.

We had a nice chat, getting to know each other a little better. We had a good time. And I actually managed to drive in Toronto without freaking out. But I was caught speeding on my way just outside my small town and got a ticket! :(
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Ursa--that's great! I'm so happy that you two were able to meet :D

Just last week, I was able to meet Emily (elye) and her family while they were on vacation in Philadelphia. Funny how things work out, as I got to meet a Canadian member before you did! :lol:

I just love it when people from the forum here are able to meet in person :)

Ouch about the ticket..... B)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

I am glad that you both had the opportunity to meet. That's alway fun.

I have met Tom, Mouse (Metta) and Broncobux (Chris) and I have some summer plans to meet some other members. It's exciting to meet in person.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

Funny how things work out, as I got to meet a Canadian member before you did! :lol:

Thats funny Patti. :lol:

Ursa, thats so cool that you got to meet Elisabet.....she's a sweet lady. :)

I've met one person from the board...Donna (dlp252)...but it was only because we happened to be at the Dr.'s office at the same time. We ran into each other a couple times that way....but I havent got to meet someone for lunch...not yet anyway. :)
Rachel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: