Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I Met Elisabet

4 posts in this topic

Elisabet lives in Norway, but was in Toronto on business, staying with her cousin. We had been in touch by e-mail and phone before, and when she knew she was coming to Toronto, we decided to meet.

I picked her up from her cousin's place (she lives in a mansion, no kidding), and we went to have lunch at Swiss Chalet on Yonge Street. It was really nice to finally meet somebody from this forum! I had thought I'd meet somebody living in Canada first, but you never know what is going to happen.

Of course, there are lots of restaurant choices in Toronto, but I know that Swiss Chalet is safe for me, I've never been glutened there. Elisabet could have eaten anything, because her son is gluten intolerant, and she isn't.

We had a nice chat, getting to know each other a little better. We had a good time. And I actually managed to drive in Toronto without freaking out. But I was caught speeding on my way just outside my small town and got a ticket! :(

Ads by Google:

Ursa--that's great! I'm so happy that you two were able to meet :D

Just last week, I was able to meet Emily (elye) and her family while they were on vacation in Philadelphia. Funny how things work out, as I got to meet a Canadian member before you did! :lol:

I just love it when people from the forum here are able to meet in person :)

Ouch about the ticket..... B)

I am glad that you both had the opportunity to meet. That's alway fun.

I have met Tom, Mouse (Metta) and Broncobux (Chris) and I have some summer plans to meet some other members. It's exciting to meet in person.

Funny how things work out, as I got to meet a Canadian member before you did! :lol:

Thats funny Patti. :lol:

Ursa, thats so cool that you got to meet Elisabet.....she's a sweet lady. :)

I've met one person from the board...Donna (dlp252)...but it was only because we happened to be at the Dr.'s office at the same time. We ran into each other a couple times that way....but I havent got to meet someone for lunch...not yet anyway. :)