This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Teen Vogue

stargirl

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

That's true that some people are more sensitive than others. I also think that just because that research is out doesn't mean we should be careless and go eat gluten because gluten does cause damage reaction or not your intestine pays. Now if this research is true and some people can handle small amounts without the damage that's great but I personally am not going to risk it at this time. My question would be how long has this research been going on and who conducted it? You see many doctors don't even know about celiac so how am I going to be told by these people that a little won't hurt me? Last time I checked with my doctor and GI doctor about small amounts they said nooo unless I don't want to get better. This could very well have changed and this research may very well be true but I went through so much and I'm just skeptical and unless something is 100% proven and guaranteed I will avoid even crumbs but this is everyones personal decision.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Hello Sada,

I think, you're right. He should try to go completely gluten-free. At least for a few month, so he could make a better decision. Just keep on trying to talk him into that. Maybe it works. Good luck for that.

Hugs, Stef

celiac3270 Collaborator

I know this was joked about before :D , but apparently, eating gluten-free is the new fad:

Open Original Shared Link

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

That's just too funny...never thought I would see an article like that...but hey I like it :lol:

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

The problem with that is, that there might be some real celiacs among those glutenfree hobbyists and because they go glutenfree, it's impossible to diagnose that. And couple of month later, when they get bored of their new hobby, the real problems might start.

Hugs, Stef

Archived