5 replies to this topic

#1 babinsky

babinsky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

I am going to Palm Desert for a few days and see NO restaurants listed in my guide. Is anybody familiar with Celiac friendly restaurants in that area. Any help is appreciated.
Confirmed by endoscopy and blood tests October 2007

Donna

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Chicago GF girl

Chicago GF girl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

Donna - Did you ever get a response? I'm headed to Palm Desert and would love some gluten-free tips!
Sarah

I am going to Palm Desert for a few days and see NO restaurants listed in my guide. Is anybody familiar with Celiac friendly restaurants in that area. Any help is appreciated.

#3 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

I'd be interested in finding out too. My mother is going there for 3 months, from Chicago, and I plan to visit.
ken

Donna - Did you ever get a response? I'm headed to Palm Desert and would love some gluten-free tips!
Sarah

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 mcarbone

mcarbone

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

Sarah

I am going to Palm Desert, California with my 2 1/2 year old who has Celiac. Any suggestions for restaurants.

Michelle

#5 Mr.GlutenFree

Mr.GlutenFree

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

I hope this reaches you in time.

Hey I'm from the Palm Desert area. I don't have dairy or nut allergies just gluten so these are based off that. You should check out the river in Rancho Mirage off of hwy 111 and bob hope. There you'll find P.F. Chang's they have a gluten free menu, Cheesecake factory I love the Baja Chicken Tacos with the sauce on the side or Herb-lemon chicken make sure you ask for any veggies stem not boiled cause of the water. And don't forget about the Godiva chocolate cheesecake it's gluten free with a nut crust or the 6g cheesecake also with a nut crust made with splenda sugar. I know the details cause i used to work there. Check out Tai Smiles for some pad tai I have no problem there. Also "In n Out" if you've never been to one the fries are safe and every thing is fresh there. Well there are alot of othere restaurants in or around the area that you should be familiar with.

There are allot of healthy food stores and restaurants like Cl arks in Rancho Mirage off of the I-10 and Monterey and Henry's Farmers Market in La Quinta at Hwy 111 and Adams also Try Juice it up I usually get a Lava Flow there is one by both those lactation's. There are at least two Trader Joe's- one in palm desert off of Fred Waring and one in cathedral City off of Hwy 111. Good luck email me if you need any other Help.And have fun the wheather is great this time of year.

#6 julirama723

julirama723

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:38 AM

Mr.GlutenFree--thanks for the info! I'll be traveling to the area in March and had been wondering about store and restaurant options. I'm excited to hear there's an In-N-Out, I LOVE that place! :)
Graves Disease 5/95-5/97
Noticeable GI distress started 8/07
Mom Dx Celiac 9/08
Dietary Response POS 10/08
Bloodwork and Biopsy NEG 12/08
IgA Deficient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: