Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Hilo ,hi

4 posts in this topic

hay anybody live in or near hilo and know of any meetings? or you want to start one?

new to the gluten free world, john's mom

Ads by Google:

Hi,

I live in Kona and have yet to hear of otehr celiacs in Hilo -- Only know of 4 of us on the west side.

Still someone must be buying all the gluten-free foods at the health food store across from Puainako.

Maybe you can post something on the board there.

If you find any gluten-free friendly restaurants on that side please let me know too. The last time I drove over about ll I could find to eat were bananas!

take care

hay anybody live in or near hilo and know of any meetings? or you want to start one?

new to the gluten free world, john's mom

kenlove,

mind if i just call you ken or even kelly, as i am married? with 2 kids.

Any how , , , ,, next time you are on this side eat tai food at the one across the street from under da banyon . they have a hard name to say but i'll put thier

# 933-2424 so you could bounce off them the ing . they use in which dishs . their food is so good i usually do it take out but they do have 3 styles of eatting in, like ouside , in the middle or very cozy dim lit back section. i eat it at home 'cause i hate to waiste a drop and i love their soups . so we can eat it twice as a family of 3 ...if my girl is eatting elsewhere . then drink the gravey or put it on a packed lunch to head to work once or twice . annother choice is maui taco in prince kuhio plaza , or in a pinch i eat the steamed veggies from the little okazuya style lady.

you know there is wheat in the steamed vaggies at panda express? the only item there wheat free is egg flower soup, or white rice with seet sour sauce . ( i laughed at that 'cause mcdonalds gives a way hand fulls of those sweet sour packets...). i have yet to try their soup but had it at hilo, rice noodle soup., it's on kinoole and my stomck didn't like something so maybe the bokchoi.

i have so many questions .

do you like furikaki? did you know 11 of the 12 or so styles of it have dried shoyu granuales and there fore wheat in it ? are you real strict with your eatting style? i react on what seems like just a teaspoon size or less portion of something . did you know licerice is off limits ? did you know that meens lee hing mui powder is there fore now on my do not eat that again list.

on the other hand if you used to love oreos the ones from glutenfree mall are really good they got the outside down so perfectly but just missed the boat a little on the inside i;m tempted to use a butter knife and scrape the whites from 4 real ones and eat 4 of mine doctored up....sounds funny but a good fix of 4 i think would relly make me happy some days.

i ate one oreo just after doc said this is what i need to do and i reacted .

thanks so much for the bulliton board idea funny i hadn't thoght of it myself as that's where i just sent this colledge age friend to look for rooms to share or apartments that stdents can aford to walk to and from the campus .

hope all is well with you . how long have you been gluten free? say anything i'll read any thing you care to write. just be truth full. you know like they say Keep'in it real"

love and aloha,nancy

Hi nancy,

Oh dont worry, I'm married too -- 32 years worth. ken Love is my real name. Next timeyou look in the health food store and see the poster with all the fruit pictures you'll see my name. I make the posters and work for UH.

I spend a month or 2 in japan each year and get furikake which I know the contents of.I qalso make my own at6 times which is pretty easy. jsut depends what you like in it.

Last time I was at the Thai place place and asked them to make sure there was no flour in the food, they toook the flower off the table. I'm extremley sensitive so I never take chances. Been gluten-free for 3+ years now.

have been working in europe for more than a month and it will good to get home next week

take care

kenlove,

mind if i just call you ken or even kelly, as i am married? with 2 kids.

Any how , , , ,, next time you are on this side eat tai food at the one across the street from under da banyon . they have a hard name to say but i'll put thier

# 933-2424 so you could bounce off them the ing . they use in which dishs . their food is so good i usually do it take out but they do have 3 styles of eatting in, like ouside , in the middle or very cozy dim lit back section. i eat it at home 'cause i hate to waiste a drop and i love their soups . so we can eat it twice as a family of 3 ...if my girl is eatting elsewhere . then drink the gravey or put it on a packed lunch to head to work once or twice . annother choice is maui taco in prince kuhio plaza , or in a pinch i eat the steamed veggies from the little okazuya style lady.

you know there is wheat in the steamed vaggies at panda express? the only item there wheat free is egg flower soup, or white rice with seet sour sauce . ( i laughed at that 'cause mcdonalds gives a way hand fulls of those sweet sour packets...). i have yet to try their soup but had it at hilo, rice noodle soup., it's on kinoole and my stomck didn't like something so maybe the bokchoi.

i have so many questions .

do you like furikaki? did you know 11 of the 12 or so styles of it have dried shoyu granuales and there fore wheat in it ? are you real strict with your eatting style? i react on what seems like just a teaspoon size or less portion of something . did you know licerice is off limits ? did you know that meens lee hing mui powder is there fore now on my do not eat that again list.

on the other hand if you used to love oreos the ones from glutenfree mall are really good they got the outside down so perfectly but just missed the boat a little on the inside i;m tempted to use a butter knife and scrape the whites from 4 real ones and eat 4 of mine doctored up....sounds funny but a good fix of 4 i think would relly make me happy some days.

i ate one oreo just after doc said this is what i need to do and i reacted .

thanks so much for the bulliton board idea funny i hadn't thoght of it myself as that's where i just sent this colledge age friend to look for rooms to share or apartments that stdents can aford to walk to and from the campus .

hope all is well with you . how long have you been gluten free? say anything i'll read any thing you care to write. just be truth full. you know like they say Keep'in it real"

love and aloha,nancy