Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Still Drinking Regular Beer - No Problems

104 posts in this topic

For the last year or so I have been drinking Heineken without any issues. I have tried a few other beers, like Summit and Sam Adam's and have had issues. I usually try a new beer when I don't have any plans the next day to prepare for the fallout. From what I've seen on other posts it seems that each person has to find out through trial and error what works for them. Next weekend I'm going to try Amstel Light to see if I have any problems. After that I'm going to try Bud/Bud Light just for availability sake. We'll see what happens. I might be sick the next day but I love beer so it's worth it for me.

SInce you didn't want to comment on the current ( from this week) thread about regular beer, I'm guessing you might just want to make people mad. On the chance that you really don't get it or someone else stumbles on this:

If you have Celiac, even a small amount of gluten starts the damage. There are lots of sources for this just google " Celiac disease centers" and pick a reputable medical center's website for info. Most beers are made with malt ( barley) & some with wheat, also.

Ads by Google:

For the last year or so I have been drinking Heineken without any issues. I have tried a few other beers, like Summit and Sam Adam's and have had issues. I usually try a new beer when I don't have any plans the next day to prepare for the fallout. From what I've seen on other posts it seems that each person has to find out through trial and error what works for them. Next weekend I'm going to try Amstel Light to see if I have any problems. After that I'm going to try Bud/Bud Light just for availability sake. We'll see what happens. I might be sick the next day but I love beer so it's worth it for me.

Wow. For any new people out there who might think this is OK if you have celiac, it is not! Just think of the internal damage that you could be doing. Perhaps irrepairable, long-term autoimmune diseases or worse. If you have celiac you must be strictly gluten free for life! No fooling around.

To the OP - have you been diagnosed with celiac disease?

My problem is that I don't consider anything with the word "lite" in it to be beer. I'd rather not drink it than to drink that swill..

Sigh...

Talk about your life-changing events.

My problem is that I don't consider anything with the word "lite" in it to be beer. I'd rather not drink it than to drink that swill..

Sigh...

Talk about your life-changing events.

Try Greens gluten free beer, New Grist or Redbridge.