Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pms And Cd

11 posts in this topic

Ok, I guess this is a question for the ladies here...

Anyone notice that eating gluten-free effects PMS? I've only been gluten-free for maybe 6 weeks now, but I had been having bad PMS before and this month I had no problems at all! Could it be related? If so, my hubby will sure be happy :lol: I didn't have any PMS symptoms until 3 years ago, when the other symptoms of celiac disease started to get bad. Maybe the two are somehow connected...or maybe I'm just hoping that it's another positive side effect of the gluten-free diet! Also, my face used to break out every month and now it's cleared up almost entirely! Anyone else?

Ads by Google:

After I went gluten free right away I noticed that my skin cleared up a bit too it was great.

Karen

I had bad PMS,and acne which cleared up with my gluten-free diet :D I think they are connected in some way.

I have been glutenfree for amost 2 years and I PMS just as bad as I used to and the brekaing out is back. Waw. I tought maybe all that had passed but not for me!

When my early teen daughter has gotten into something, she becomes this PMS monster. Mine leveled out after going gluten-free, though it took longer than a few weeks. To the one who is still having problems, are you sure you aren't ingesting something hidden? Might want to recheck some labels and especially your soaps and such. The breakouts I have decided are hopeless. My skin gets much better then it breaks out again. Only thing I can figure is an accidental ingestion. The only time I know I got into something, it took six months for the breakout to completely clear.

I know I am not ingesting any gluten. It's nothing out of the normal and probably all enhanced from the stresses of classes! Also, my periods were a little wacky when I started glutenfree but after a few months got back on track. Which could explain a lot.

I had a hysterectomy in 2001..I still have my ovaries though.

I still get one pimple on my chin every month, and I get real teary and sensitive too. it does seem to be worse at the same time each month.

Nothing seems to have changed for me. I might add that there's a lot of stress and tention in my life in connection with my grown children. :(

major night and day change with pms monster (mood) is gone gone gone!!!

even though it was a two day thing turned into 7 or more, is is worht

not having mood problem or depression the day before anymore

gluten-free for 1 year

Glad that some of you noticed a difference after going gluten-free! I'm hoping that the next go-around will be as easy as last time. I had never had PMS before but in the last 3 years (when my other symptoms had gotten bad) I had been having it increasingly worse.

I'm heading into early menopause, so I am having trouble telling the PMS swings from the perimenopausal swings. I want it all to be over!!

This is a really cool thought. I swear it seems everything is connected to celiac disease does'nt it? I never had any real pimple problems not even as a kid, but I contantly had rashes around my mouth and all aver my neck. It looked like pimples but were'nt, it was itchy and burning. I would also get small exema patches around my nose and mouth. Dermatologists never knew what it was. <_< As soon as I went gluten-free it all went away. (of course) My skin is gorgeous now! :D

I never thought about it but I guess the PMS is better too.

I have a 21 year old daughter who is also a celiac. Her skin is also much better. She would also get the same rash which is now gone and her pimple breakouts are better too. I don't think other PMS problems are changed for her though. :( oh well

Wendy ^_^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I figured I would update those who were wondering.  I have gotten the appt. so far moved up to August 30. I am waiting to have gene testing done via swab for all 3 of my kiddos tomorrow. My daughters celiac antibodies came up negative but her IgA is low which the ped said could cause false negative antibodies for celiac so she will need to see a GI dr. also. The pediatrician is going to call the GI to try to get them in sooner. I am keeping them all on a gluten diet until the GI dr. decides what to do. I am on the cancellation list already for my son, however I am not going to be persistent with my phone calls to them until I have the results of the gene test. I really want that result in my hand before going to the GI dr if I can. Maybe if he is positive, along with his bloodwork and my history they can forgo the endoscopy. But he will eat gluten till then.  My husband and I have been very honest and upfront with him as to what is going on and the possibility of the endoscopy and what that entails and although scared in general he seems ok after assuring him that since I have it he has me to help him every step of the way.  Going through his current diet with him I realized that he is truly on such a low gluten diet that I am actually surprised his bloodwork shows antibodies at all!  So I told him to make a list of allllll the gluten he could possibly think of eating and he needs to pound it until the GI visit or endoscopy. Funny thing is everything he keeps thinking of to want to eat...is already gluten free!  The other night we were at a friends and he asked if he could be done with his hotdog. I made him finish just the bread 😂 Thanks for your help and advise and I will keep y'all posted on both kids!  My oldest is a ok as far as all his antibodies. Just actually had a follow up for other immune issues and all his levels are now normal!
    • I like your plan Cara, I may have to include it in my sons.    Poor little guy is still very very sick. I think he is resisting and cheating, despite having the support of two other siblings and a 100% gluten-free home. 
    • Despite it being a nightmare, I did wait for my kids to get biopsies. At one point I had one severely ill child gluten-free and two more waiting having to eat it. It was worth the wait though and I think long term a biopsy may be worthwhile, especially for school. I have already had issues with schools and camps so having a firm diagnosis has been helpful. 
    • Knowing that the reaction to gluten in celiacs is an uncalled for immune system reaction, I was thinking of how a cure would be possible. Maybe a medicine that somehow turns off the immune system. The only thing that i've heard do that... HIV.  obviously that's way worse than celiac. Just some food for thought.
    • Well, you can probably get an apple or something.  You might be able to get someone to boil you some eggs.  But be careful of things like nuts that should be naturally gluten free.  They have almost always been soaked in a flavor solution that usually containes caramel coloring, "soy" (wheat) sauce and other aditives.  If I am really hungry and must eat in a Chinese restaurant, I order plain white rice and steamed vegetables.  But even so, you must monitor it carefully.  The rice sometimes has other substances added to give it a better texture, and very often the vegetables have in fact had "just a little bit" of soy sauce added.  To be fair, celiac disease is hardly ever found in East Asians, so understandably people are not tuned it to it.  Also, culturally, with the exception of fruits, it is generally thought that the flavor of foods needs to be enhanced, so it is had to find anything natural even in the "western" gorceries. Even in the western restaurants, be careful.  Fish and meat and often vegetables are usually pre-marinated. I will not even attempt to address the issue of cross-comtamination, since that is a whole higher order of things. I do know what I am talking about; I have celiac and have worked here for nearly 7 years.  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AndiR