10 replies to this topic

#1 anerissara

anerissara

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

Ok, I guess this is a question for the ladies here...

Anyone notice that eating gluten-free effects PMS? I've only been gluten-free for maybe 6 weeks now, but I had been having bad PMS before and this month I had no problems at all! Could it be related? If so, my hubby will sure be happy :lol: I didn't have any PMS symptoms until 3 years ago, when the other symptoms of celiac disease started to get bad. Maybe the two are somehow connected...or maybe I'm just hoping that it's another positive side effect of the gluten-free diet! Also, my face used to break out every month and now it's cleared up almost entirely! Anyone else?
"I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" -Psalm 91

gluten-free since January 26th, 2005
Feeling up and down, but better!

Mommy of a gluten-free 8 yr old, a 6 yr old who (much to her dismay) will be gluten-free soon and a 2 yr old who is so far symptom-free. Contemplating putting the whole family on the gluten-free diet since crumbs have become my nemisis!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KarenCM

KarenCM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:57 PM

After I went gluten free right away I noticed that my skin cleared up a bit too it was great.

Karen

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:16 PM

I had bad PMS,and acne which cleared up with my gluten-free diet :D I think they are connected in some way.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#4 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:59 PM

I have been glutenfree for amost 2 years and I PMS just as bad as I used to and the brekaing out is back. Waw. I tought maybe all that had passed but not for me!

#5 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:16 PM

When my early teen daughter has gotten into something, she becomes this PMS monster. Mine leveled out after going gluten-free, though it took longer than a few weeks. To the one who is still having problems, are you sure you aren't ingesting something hidden? Might want to recheck some labels and especially your soaps and such. The breakouts I have decided are hopeless. My skin gets much better then it breaks out again. Only thing I can figure is an accidental ingestion. The only time I know I got into something, it took six months for the breakout to completely clear.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#6 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:09 PM

I know I am not ingesting any gluten. It's nothing out of the normal and probably all enhanced from the stresses of classes! Also, my periods were a little wacky when I started glutenfree but after a few months got back on track. Which could explain a lot.

#7 Maggie1956

Maggie1956

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:01 PM

I had a hysterectomy in 2001..I still have my ovaries though.
I still get one pimple on my chin every month, and I get real teary and sensitive too. it does seem to be worse at the same time each month.

Nothing seems to have changed for me. I might add that there's a lot of stress and tention in my life in connection with my grown children. :(
SUNSHINE COAST, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA

Maggie

Working towards wellness.
gluten-free (or trying to be) since December 1st 2004

positive blood test - Oct. 2004
positive biopsy -Nov. 2004

#8 celiacfreeman

celiacfreeman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:56 AM

major night and day change with pms monster (mood) is gone gone gone!!!
even though it was a two day thing turned into 7 or more, is is worht
not having mood problem or depression the day before anymore
gluten-free for 1 year

#9 anerissara

anerissara

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:28 PM

Glad that some of you noticed a difference after going gluten-free! I'm hoping that the next go-around will be as easy as last time. I had never had PMS before but in the last 3 years (when my other symptoms had gotten bad) I had been having it increasingly worse.
"I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" -Psalm 91

gluten-free since January 26th, 2005
Feeling up and down, but better!

Mommy of a gluten-free 8 yr old, a 6 yr old who (much to her dismay) will be gluten-free soon and a 2 yr old who is so far symptom-free. Contemplating putting the whole family on the gluten-free diet since crumbs have become my nemisis!

#10 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:07 AM

I'm heading into early menopause, so I am having trouble telling the PMS swings from the perimenopausal swings. I want it all to be over!!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#11 watkinson

watkinson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:56 AM

This is a really cool thought. I swear it seems everything is connected to celiac disease does'nt it? I never had any real pimple problems not even as a kid, but I contantly had rashes around my mouth and all aver my neck. It looked like pimples but were'nt, it was itchy and burning. I would also get small exema patches around my nose and mouth. Dermatologists never knew what it was. <_< As soon as I went gluten-free it all went away. (of course) My skin is gorgeous now! :D
I never thought about it but I guess the PMS is better too.
I have a 21 year old daughter who is also a celiac. Her skin is also much better. She would also get the same rash which is now gone and her pimple breakouts are better too. I don't think other PMS problems are changed for her though. :( oh well

Wendy ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: