This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cancer - - A Fungus?..........

elye

elye Community Regular
Someone else's thread:

Open Original Shared Link

Jess, thank you so much for that link. I'm almost finished reading the whole thread.......verrrrrry interesting. I've got a lot to think about......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayFL Enthusiast

I mentioned early on that patients had died under his care. But got ignored. :o

It pays to research things thoroughly. I also mentioned on another thread that although I think Mercola has some good info on his site, I read everything with a cocked eye because he "SELLS PRODUCTS" that go hand in hand with a lot of his "research" and some of his "guest speakers". I see a major conflict of interests........

Jestgar Rising Star

<bracing for slugfest>

I think mercola has a lot of crap on his site

ShayFL Enthusiast

And there is a good helping of that as well.... :lol:

veggienft Rookie
Patti, I think we're on the same page. There is absolutely no way the medical community is gonna attempt to even take this seriously. They have big egos and they are run by the Big Pharma.

Its very possible that some people may be cured. I dont think it would work for every patient....but some would benefit...and the ones who didnt would not be harmed by the treatment. However, there are soooo many things that the medical community is in denial about...so this may be just one more thing that gets swept under the rug.

Exactly...and this is something that they just dont do "think outside the box". The ones that DO think outside the box are labeled "quacks".....thats just the way it is.

I think I'll stick with the "quacks"....thank you very much. ;)

I know you're right too.

The question in these posts is, is candida fungus a cause of automunity and cancer. Clearly the answer is yes. Lots of the cited information is hypothesis and clues which narrow the possibilities. The operative questions are, 1)What candida roll is pretty certain and 2) What can we do about it.

I'm not gonna cite the same sources I've cited before. I'm gonna try and tie them together.

Gluten's zonulin reaction, the one which dumps the gut contents through the intestine wall into the bloodstream, is the first link in a chain reaction. In the bloodstream, zonulin makes membranes permeable. The antigens gain access to organs and nerves through the permeable membranes. The gut fails to produce the enzymes needed to combat the attack.

The immune system responds overwhelmingly by attacking affected systems, causing inflammation and autoimmune disease. The immune system gets overwhelmed, and fails to combat cancer.

Candida lives on mucous membranes, including intestinal mucous membranes. Candida feeds on sugar. Wheat flour is TWO things: 1) gluten protein, and 2) starch. Gut enzymes transform starch, including wheat starch, into sugar. Candida spins off mutant gut colonies which mimic gluten protein. Among other methods, the intestinal immune system attacks the candida (via zonulin) by dumping it into the bloodstream for the blood's immune system to handle.

You can attempt to control intestinal candida like I did. Stop eating sugar. But all starches, including wheat, become sugar in the gut. If you want to kill the cause ......kill the candida ......you have to deprive it of ALL starch. Does that mean you have to totally give up starch? For most people the answer is probably, no.

Periodic systemic starch purges, as contained in the Atkins diet, seem to help. Deprive gut candida of ALL sugar for some period of time, and kill off as much fungus as possible. Then return to a low-starch diet. Repeat as needed.

Support for this theory comes from testimony in this forum. Many celiacs give up gluten, but not sugar. Many of them fail to see much improvement. Many celiacs give up gluten and sugar only to fall victim to the combination of other starches and other proteins. Fungal colonies are capable of rapid adaptation.

We have to ingest hydrocarbons and proteins. We require them for life. Meat has protein, and it has hydrocarbon in the form of fat. Of course, a proper purge requires all the non-starch things required for good health. I'm trying a once-a-week no-starch purge. I'm throwing in some turmeric. I was surprised to experience a "die-off" with my first turmeric-laced purge. At first, I thought the purge was making me sick.

Time will tell if the procedure returns me to eating tomatoes and potatoes. If it doesn't, I intend to lengthen and deepen the purges until I get a yes or no answer.

elye Community Regular
Candida lives on mucous membranes, including intestinal mucous membranes. Candida feeds on sugar. Wheat flour is TWO things: 1) gluten protein, and 2) starch.

Deprive gut candida of ALL sugar for some period of time, and kill off as much fungus as possible.

I am a tightly-controlled type one diabetic as well as a celiac, and I have never had any trouble with candida....I've never even had a yeast infection, and I'm 42. I think what you are saying is a good explanation of why I have not been stricken with fungal problems. I just don't fuel my body with enough sugar sources to provide the necessary enviornment.

One GOOD thing about these challenging diets....... :rolleyes::)

Archived