Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Finding A Good Doctor In Bc

4 posts in this topic

HI!

I am looking for a Doctor in BC that specializes in celiac disease. Can anyone suggest a good doctor?

Also, I have got only positive blood work. Now being gluten-free, I don't want to get a biopsy, nor feel it is necessary. I do think I need a coloscopy, right? Any other necessary tests to check health?

Also, does anyone get their vitamins covered by medical? Having celiac disease, I would hope that the gov't can provide some financial support when not taking chemical medicines.

Thanks for any input :)

~ Newby

Ads by Google:

Hi there I am from Surrey and I am sorry but I can't suggest a good doctor. Maybe try getting in touch with the Canadian Celiac Association and see if they have a suggestion. They were a great help to me recently when they put together a New Member's Meeting on Feb 10th. It was so great to meet other people with the disease and chat about. Choices even got us goodie bags to take home and refreshments to eat there. One of the many tests that I had was a bone density test to check for signs of Oteoporosis so that is one to think about maybe.

Karen

Thank you so much. Yes, that is a large concern for me as well. I will check with the association and see if they can assist.

All the best,

~ Newby

The doctor that works at the Hyperbaric Chamber in Coquitlem BC, is the one that first diagnosed me. He is really good. He gave me a list of the good and bad foods, and gave me some pills as well. That helped too, to heal the digestive tract.