5 replies to this topic

#1 Derik

Derik

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:16 PM

i am 15 years old i am 5' 6" and about 190 lbs.. :cry:what can I do ? I have tried not eating i can't i Just can't do that I am tried puking that sucks but i don't want to be like this.. I want to be normal :( please help me

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:06 PM

Not eating and throwing up don't help you slim down. Cut portion sizes down, don't eat after dark, and get some exercise. Make all your own food, no fast foods or sweets, eat veggies and fruit. Start walking more and being active.

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:43 PM

If you don't eat you get hungrier and may go on binges and overeat. If you throw up that won't help any either. Just eat fruits and other healthy foods. Try to eat small amounts throughout the day instead of larger meals. Also try to walk more that might help. Good luck :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#4 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:56 PM

Have you tried talking to someone? Your parent, grandparent, sister,cousin, aunt?
Tell someone how you feel what is going on. Try an organized sport. Drink more water, study nutrition. You should get a check up from a doctor to see that your body is functioning properly.
You want to do something about your weight, that's good. Do it in a positive, informed way. You may even find that this could be a possible career focus for you. Start in the library and maybe a jumprope. Pretty nearly free, how much does a jumprope cost? If possible, walk to school instead of riding the bus.

Laura
Michigan

#5 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

Yes--not eating will make your metabolism slow down--thinking that it's starving. Thus, you will not only have the discomfort of not eating, but your body will cling to every calorie it can. That's why diet programs always stress eating breakfast to get your metabolism going and not skipping meals.

Do try to get some support from someone you can see face to face, as well--it doesn't need to be a parent, but try to find someone.

#6 jknnej

jknnej

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

Anorexia and bulemia make obesity or being overweight worse. Once you stop vomiting or begin eating again after having anorexia or bulemia, your metabolism has changed and you gain more weight. I have several friends who are recovered from bulemia and have to live with being heavier than they were before they started because of all of the purging.
Other than that warning, please get some help. These disorders don't go away by themselves and you need someone guiding you and helping you through this. Do you have a trusted friend or guidance counselor? Family member?
The only healthy way to lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. That isn't easy but if you have a good support group you can accomplish it.
Good luck and write us if you need more support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: