Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

Altoids Girl makes an appearance!!!!!!!

B) :P
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#92 still tiredofdoctors!

still tiredofdoctors!

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

PETER!!!!! :angry:

I just told her that our troublemaking days were REMEMBERED!! YOU gave her the thread! I told you that my fingers were NOT going to type that word!!! :P :ph34r:

And here it goes . . .
Lynne Previously "tiredofdoctors!!!", but I had SO much difficulty retrieving a lost password
Diagnosed with "Sprue-Related Ataxia" January 2005; Gluten-Free Lifestyle since August 2005 (Denial ain't just a river in Egypt)
To see additional diagnoses and what predisposed me to the seroconversin to celiac vs. gluten interolerant, view "About Me" page
"If you have to choose between being right and being kind . . . pick kind. Wayne Dyer, PhD

#93 still tiredofdoctors!

still tiredofdoctors!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

BTW: KAREN . . . An optimist is a person who just doesn't have all the facts . . . . :P

PETER: She's called the Crazy Canuck because one day I came home and a message was on our message board from my husband: The Crazy Canuck called. Call her back. :lol: :lol:
Lynne Previously "tiredofdoctors!!!", but I had SO much difficulty retrieving a lost password
Diagnosed with "Sprue-Related Ataxia" January 2005; Gluten-Free Lifestyle since August 2005 (Denial ain't just a river in Egypt)
To see additional diagnoses and what predisposed me to the seroconversin to celiac vs. gluten interolerant, view "About Me" page
"If you have to choose between being right and being kind . . . pick kind. Wayne Dyer, PhD

#94 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

Wow! Karen, Lynne and Altoids--it's like old home week!! :D

Nice to see the two of ya!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#95 still tiredofdoctors!

still tiredofdoctors!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:16 PM

Patti --

Someone ought to check on Scott . . . he may be having chest pains! B)

#96 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

Patti --

Someone ought to check on Scott . . . he may be having chest pains! B)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Patti

#97 still tiredofdoctors!

still tiredofdoctors!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

I read a bumper sticker that said, "The problem with trouble is that it starts out as fun!" :D

#98 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

Kinda like it's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out! :lol:
Patti

#99 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

O M G

:lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#100 still tiredofdoctors!

still tiredofdoctors!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

Hey Susie Q!

Trying as MUCH AS I CAN to stay out of trouble -- time will tell, I suppose B)

I really don't think it is as much as I get INTO trouble, I think it FOLLOWS me :rolleyes: :lol:

(((((((hugs)))))))

Lynnie

Peter -- I still haven't typed the word . . . . :ph34r:

#101 CarbQueen

CarbQueen

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:52 AM

I'm new to the site.

This is an issue I dealt with during my last LTR.

I experienced swelling and burning sensation of the vagina after intercourse, as well as sores in the mouth after oral sex.

We were in LTR for 2 years and tested negative for STDs. Finally, intuitively I decided it must be the semen since I have multiple allergies (not living in a bubble yet...lol).

The semen has several proteins. Many food allergies are the bodies reaction to proteins in the source.

Scientists haven't determined which protein is the culprit. I'm sure a trained clinician can do an elimination test to determine which one I am allergic to, but that would be time consuming and costly. I'll just spend a few dollars for condoms.

Knock on wood. I'm not allergic to Latex....yet.

#102 Swimmr

Swimmr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:33 AM

Just to add another idea, but regardless if semen contains gluten or not, the pre-ejaculate fluid could. It like getting rid of anything else in there before the big event.... The reproductive fluids may be originally separate, but what else is in the urethra--it all comes out the same tube.

From the Journal of Andrology:

Pre-ejaculate functions naturally as a chemical neutralizer to the urine's residual acidity in the urethra and thus provides the basic pH of the semen, allowing for safe passage of sperm (Chughtai et al, 2005).

So there's urine in there too--man, there's no avitar that's pefect for that one is there..... SOOO many things are going thru my head right now, that's what I get for working with all men ;)

:D *claps*
-Self-diagnosed gluten/wheat intolerance 2007. Negative (basic) blood test for celiac disease March 2009.
-Diagnosed positive for Celiac 5/11/2010!!
-Vitamin D low (last year was deficient), Iodine low, Protein S low. Balance/dizziness not related to Celiac.
-Elimination diet 11-4-2009 and ended 02-28-2010. Tolerating dairy again. Highly intolerant to soy, sensitive to green peas and corn kernels.
"Oh CRAP! Are you SERIOUS??

#103 CarbQueen

CarbQueen

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

I know about urine and its content.

Proteins, vitamins , DHEA, enzymes, carbohydrates,proteoglobulines, proteoses, seratonin, fructose, etc

Fructose and numerous protein are present in both seminal fluid as well as urine.

I am still doing an elimination diet. I'm not sure if I'm fructose intolerant.

Trial and error for 10 months.

#104 still tiredofdoctors!

still tiredofdoctors!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:52 AM

I'll call Karen. She actually has the ENTIRE list of semen's content. It is from the ******* era, but it is very accurate and very scientific.

Should anything else come up during the conversation, however, I am NOT responsible :huh:

#105 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

Kinda like it's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out! :lol:

OMG.......oral sex thread... . ......Someone poking an eye out. . . ........ ...

Jeez, wonder it that's ever happened? 'Twould be quite a 911 call. . .....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll call Karen. She actually has the ENTIRE list of semen's content. It is from the ******* era, but it is very accurate and very scientific.

Wow... . ......not exactly bedtime reading, I should think. . . .. :rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: