This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Easy To Freeze Recipes?

wilspika

wilspika Newbie

I have a friend with Celiac's and am looking for some easy recipes that I can make for her to put in the freezer. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

wilspika Newbie
I have a friend with Celiac's and am looking for some easy recipes that I can make for her to put in the freezer. Thanks!

no one can help? please?

purple Community Regular
no one can help? please?

I just posted a rice and bean casserole. It should freeze well. Divide into smaller portions before freezing if needed. I freeze spaghetti/lasagna (rice pasta) pizza, enchiladas and chili for my daughter all the time into serving sized portions. I make batches of meat and freeze small amounts so she can make tacos/nachos, sloppy joes in her apartment. Muffins, cookies, brownies, waffles etc. Do you understand all about gluten-free ingredients and cross contamination???

Juliebove Rising Star

I don't keep a lot of made up stuff in my freezer, but a couple of things I do are taco meat for salads and chicken breasts cooked with just a little salt and pepper or Herbamare.

missy'smom Collaborator

I saw the post earlier but wasn't sure how to respond because cooking for us is not a simple matter of recipes. As purple mentioned, there is the problem of cross-contamination. In addition, our foods cannot be prepared in cast iron or non-stick pans that have ever been used to prepare gluten containing foods, no matter how well they are cleaned. The same applies to stainers and colanders. We have to purchase new ones and use them only for gluten-free foods. Any plain metal pans are fine to use. There is also the problem of label reading. The simplest explanation is that wheat is listed on the label but gluten is not.

Maybe a homemade vegetable soup that is made from only vegetables, plain beef or other meat and water or a gluten-free broth(not all are safe), salt and pepper and pure herbs, not a blend. I use Pacific brand broths, they say gluten-free on the label. Most caned tomatoes are fine as long as they are not seasoned. Unseasoned plain canned beans are usually fine. A simple soup is nice for no-cook lunches. If you have any questions about an ingedient please ask and don't hesitate to ask your friend as well. We often have to have awkward conversations in order to be healthy. We here are happy to help. It is kind of you to want to help your friend. Please understand that we can be sick for 3 days from just one bread crumb, or an even smaller amount of gluten.

elonwy Enthusiast

Simple and hard to Cross contaminate:

Chicken parts (breast or thighs) with or without bone, vegetables (I use those pre-packaged veggie medleys carrots, broccolli, etc) onion and mushrooms. gluten-free Italian dressing.

Cut up the onion into wedges (garlic can be added too if you like)

Put it all in a large glass baking dish, cover with foil, cook at 350 for ~45minutes.

This freezes really well as individual portions so you can just take em out and heat up a meal. I eat this a lot actually, varying dressings (make sure its gluten-free, always) and veggies.

irish daveyboy Community Regular

Hi,

Here's a Tried and Tested recipe that's to 'Die For'

Gluten Free/Wheat Free/Dairy Free Banana Bread that freezes really well.

Open Original Shared Link

This and all my recipes can be found on my website.

Best Regards,

David

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived