This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Possible Pregnant Too Early To Tell

little d

little d Enthusiast

Hi ladies I need someone to tell me that I am not weird.

Ok here goes, my last actual full flowing menstural cycle was on June 27th. I was to start in July following my trend of starting 3 days early which I have been doing this for a little over a year. A day before I was due to start my husband and I had sex that resulted in an oops! I do not remember ovulating and my breast did not get their usual tenderness before at all until Aug 3rd, 4th, 5th I did feel ovulation and on the 5th my breast started to get tender. Aug 1st I did spot something which was brown and a little red, just that one spot. Then finally Aug 6th I started to spot more starte out red and then fadded out to a lighter red almost a dark pink. It was more of spotting than it was an actual flow to things. My breast stayed tender which is unusal for me the week that I do ovulate is when my breast get tender on the nipple and around. On the 3, 4 and 5th ovulated and started on the 6th which made me 12 days late. My breast continued to stay tender sore on the sides and close to my armpits. And I continuded to feel like I was ovulating, since then my breast have continued to feel sore and tender and feel fuller, little tiny viens spider like have popped up around my breast fairly close to my areolos and nip and areola have darkened some. It has been 8 days and the tenderness has not gone away. I have also been experiencing getting hungrier quicker after my meals, if I don't eat i feel shaky like my sugar is low and nauseated. when I am working I usually last over 12 hours at time until I eat. Eat at 1 am and wont eat until 5pm. This last week I have had 3 episodes where I needed to eat before I was ready. I have been eating gluten free so there is no reason that I needed to be nauseus. This is pretty much how I felt when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have taken pregnancy test but have come up negative I think that I tested too soon because I tested first right when I was to start on the 27th so I guess I need to wait until I am due to start this next time. I do already have an appointment to see my obgyn on September 9th for a regular check so if I am not I can tell her everything.

So my symptoms are:

breast tenderness soreness with red spider like veins around the areolas and little dark in color on nips and areolas (which are usually pink)

hungerier sooner between meals that result in being nasueas

foods are funnier tasting/

what feels like ovulating (if pregnant I know this could be uterus stretching or ligaments)

tired more (but that is really hard to tell since I work nights)

urination (a little more i guess, but then I always pee urinate alot)

sex drive is really awsome in strength (usually take a few extra minutes to get where I want to go)

Sorry for TMI

donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

Sounds like it! The spotting could be implantation. Pregnancy tests are pretty sensitive these days, even the cheapo ones. Dollar Tree sells them. If the line is even faintly pink, it's a positive. Why not go get a couple? Use it first thing in the morning for the best result.

Happy thoughts your way!

jerseyangel Proficient

Sounds quite possible to me too! :)

Keep us posted!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I am no expert but it sure sounds it!!!! Do keep us in the loop, how very exciting!

mommida Enthusiast

Sounds like your expecting. Did you check your gums? The gums usually engorge with blood during your cycle, but in early pregnancy they are really engorged.

Good Luck! :D

• 2 weeks later...
little d Enthusiast

Hi ladies,

Just keeping ya'll posted on what is going on so far.

I have taken another pregnancy test and it said negative. I am not too worried right now because everything that I have read says to wait until your next period is suppose to start. But if I am pregnant then I am calculating myself to be about 4 to 5 weeks.

My breast are still sore and my nipples are getting a little more sensitive and bigger, my husband noticed how big that they were last night. Color change is still there. Lots of big blue viens running on my chest.

I am not usually senitive on smells since I was a kid I took a big sniff of a chemical that burned really bad and I lost my sense of smell on certain things. The other night at work the baby blankets that I was folding the smell bothered me a little and I could smell the formula big time that was left on the burp cloth and it stunk. My cup towel that I was using in my kitchen smelled really bad so I had to was it. Before I could not smell these things too much bad smells did not bother me, I would have to get my husband to smell things out for me. But now I am not having a problem smelling anything.

I have also continued to be contipatited.

I will test again next week if my breast continue to be tender, lightheaded before meals (BS feels low), the feeling of ovulation continuing.

When my Dr. appt is on Sept 9, I maybe 7 to 8 weeks pregnant and she should be able to tell me something by then. I know that this could also be a horminal change as well, playing a trick on me, I am not going to like.

Will let ya'll know when i know something.

donna

ItchyMeredith Contributor

When do you think you ovulated??? With an early result test you should only test after 10 days past ovulation. Though I am one to talk- I am only 8 days past ovulation and I tested today (negative- duh). Check out www.peeonastick.com. There is a wealth of information there! Also- Open Original Shared Link is a fun site to obsess about possible symptoms. :P

Good Luck!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

little d Enthusiast

I usually ovulate every month at 10 days past my period. I don't remember ovulating until real late and that was a couple of days after our oops. But today/tonight my breast are a lot more tender and I had a baby at work laying on my chest after she ate and it was really tender, I had to cradal her in my arms instead. And I am still feeling like I'm ovulating sensations. I remember telling the nurse when i was pregnant with my daughter that i felt like i was ovulating and she said no that is your uterus streatching, and I am have some pulling/cramping like but not too bad it comes and gos not like your usual on coming period kind of stuff.

Thank you for the info on the web site I have not found that one yet.

donna

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Well, I'm hoping that you're pregnant, and not hitting a really early menopause or perimenopause (ever notice how all our problems begin with "men?" Menopause, Menstruate, Mental, ...)

You might also want to keep your eyes open for possibility of an ectopic pregnancy. If you have pain near an ovary (or both ovaries--happened to a friend of mine), PLEASE don't wait but get to your OBGYN. Better safe than sorry.

little d Enthusiast

I'm not in any pain it just feels like im ovulating since Aug 6 and i do have a dr appt with my obgyn on Sept 9 so she can tell me for sure what is going on.

donna

Lainey Rookie
I'm not in any pain it just feels like im ovulating since Aug 6 and i do have a dr appt with my obgyn on Sept 9 so she can tell me for sure what is going on.

donna

I just found out that I am preg. I tested 2 days before my period was due with a clear blue easy test.

I am not celiac but my youngest daughter is. I had no symptoms just a hunch that made me test early.

Good luck and hope that you are and all is okay!

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
AndreaB Contributor

The following is a post by Hildygirl that was accidentally posted using the report button.

good morning. I am very new to this, but here goes. My youngest daughter is 23 and was diagnosed with celiac at age 18. She has continued a gluten free diet since and is a very healthy dancer. She and her husband found out they were pregnant (surprise) on August 8, 2008. On 8/11 she had a hcg level of 55, some implant discharge and small amount of blood, 8/14 hcg 112, and 8/18 hcg 207, and so on...On 8/30 hcg was 2987 and as of yesterday 9/5 hcg was 5900. She had an ultra sound also on 9/5 that just showed a gestational sac (no heartbeat). The doctor said she isn't very optimistic and my daughter will either miscarry on her own or a d&c will need to be scheduled by the end of the week-9/12. She also has a tipped uterus, has had her gall bladder and appendx removed (a lot of scar tissue) prior to the celiac diagnosis. My question: would a perinatology doctor be the way to go from this point? My daughter and son in law are confused (as myself) and sad. Have any of you had typical pregnancies after diagnosis? Do celiac women have a different scale of hcg levels? Any thoughts, comments or stories would be appreciated.
mommida Enthusiast

From what I can guesstimate from the calendar dates this ultra sound was done at the 5 or 6th week of pregnancy?

I can tell you my personal experience... My first appointment the blood draw HCG results were way to high for just one baby at that many weeks pregnant. I was called back for the ultrasound, size of younger pregnancy than 5 or 6 weeks and no heartbeat. The doctor wanted to send me for the D and C that day. I stalled for another week (the supposed schedule time for the D and C). I demanded a second ultra sound. Guess what? The heartbeat was there "flashing like a little star".

THE HUMAN GESTATION IS NOT A PERFECT TIMELINE!!! It is a pretty close guess.

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies,

Just letting ya'll know that I am not pregnant, I am not sad because now I don't have to worry about taking all those test for being older. I'm 37 which I would have to endure all those big needles.

donna

Jestgar Rising Star

It was a curious sequence of events though. Do you suppose you're in perimenopause?

little d Enthusiast

You know I was thinking the same thing. But I am 37 is it too early to go through that, well I guess it could be possible my grandmother always kept saying that she started the change at about 39 40but she never ever went to the doctor for anything, so it is hard to tell. My mom is 60 and she started in her very early 50's. I had to rescheduale me OB/GYN appointment for October. So I'll find out then.

donna

Archived