This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

I Should Go To Work For Goodyear

sickchick

kenlove Rising Star

Can you try again?

I need 4 new tires for my truck that costs over $1000. :D

.... PIZZA! :huh::lol::lol:

bleh.bleh.bleh.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
Can you try again?

:lol::lol::lol:

sickchick Community Regular
Can you try again?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH god I am gonna pee my pants!!!! :lol::lol:;)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Screw the pizza Gods. CHEAT.

Hail the Chebe God.

Amen Sister!

Amen Sister!

MMM thanks for the calzone linkie-dink!!! :D I seriously cannot tell you how long it's been since I had one of those.

I wish I could find good fake cheese. All mine start out as powder! LOL! (roads end organics) the rice cheeses I find have stupid carageenan or soy lecithin and I am 'tarded... :lol:

LOVELOVE!

MaryJones2 Enthusiast
MMM thanks for the calzone linkie-dink!!! :D I seriously cannot tell you how long it's been since I had one of those.

I wish I could find good fake cheese. All mine start out as powder! LOL! (roads end organics) the rice cheeses I find have stupid carageenan or soy lecithin and I am 'tarded... :lol:

LOVELOVE!

I have a cheap cast iron tortilla press and it gets the chebe nice and thin for the calzones. As for the cheese I haven't found anything other than the Road's End. Galaxy makes a cheese-like substance that comes in slices and doesn't have soy but I'm not sure how well it melts. It is made of some substance that doesn't occur naturally in nature. I am going to try making cashew cheese one of these days.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

LOVELOVE!

Can you do cashew parmesan?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I have found a recipe for that actually, I think I will try it out!

You know what I have been doing as kind of a 'fake out' parm?

(Course it tastes NOTHING like cheese but it's more of a textural fake out)

I toast bread crumbs! with some herbs, garlic pdr, and s & p !

lovelove B)

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

lovelove B)

oh, that's a good idea. I am all about the texture. I don't know if I even care about the cheese anymore.

Honestly, I just want something to glue my pizza toppings to the crust! LOL! :lol:

maybe wallpaper paste? B)

MaryJones2 Enthusiast
Honestly, I just want something to glue my pizza toppings to the crust! LOL! :lol:

Liquid Nail also works well :)

My Italian father in law makes his vegetarian lasagna with a layer of polenta and it rocks. The polenta seems to hold things together. My husband likes pureed kidney beans on his Chebe pizza. Says it adds another layer of flavor and texture to it. And I think we're all about flavor and texture here.

Oh my I think I'm going to try that! HAHAHA B)

purple Community Regular

Hey, we skipped the cheese and added hashbrowns, they stick to the sauce and taste good too...the shredded look like cheese..Ha Ha! :lol: Similar taste to french fries and ketchup. My dd loved it on that same pizza crust we talked about in the earlier post.

jerseyangel Proficient
Hey, we skipped the cheese and added hashbrowns

That sounds good, too! I'll bet that would work well on a "white" pizza also :)

purple Community Regular
That sounds good, too! I'll bet that would work well on a "white" pizza also :)

There is an all u can eat pizza place about 4 hours from my house (we buzz down there all the time :lol::angry: ). They make one called Idahoan. I forget what's on it. Hashbrowns for sure and bacon. They are very creative! The dessert pizza looks fabulous but I never tried it 'cause I was too full already.

VioletBlue Contributor

Nah, I think wallpaper paste has gluten in it :P

I have the opposite problem. I can have the cheese, but not the tomato sauce. So I tend to do a lot of cheese, and or a later of cream cheese which melts all nice and gooey.

I also love to drown the plain focaccia half way through the baking with butter and roasted garlic. Then I eat it like that, as garlic bread. As it finishes baking it gets kind of crusty. Mmmmmmm . . .

I can't do nightshades too! :lol:

I am a very boring pizza person.

I bet hashbrowns would be fun.

Violet, I have been using pesto on my pizza crust. It's packed with flavor. I guess they just look a little strange with out something 'melty'! ;)B)

I love roasted garlic I keep extra in my fridge in case of emergency! hehehe

If I can't buy something I am detemined to make fake cheese.

I feel a little like a mad scientist this week! HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

MaryJones2 Enthusiast
I can't do nightshades too! :lol:

I am a very boring pizza person.

I bet hashbrowns would be fun.

Violet, I have been using pesto on my pizza crust. It's packed with flavor. I guess they just look a little strange with out something 'melty'! ;)B)

I love roasted garlic I keep extra in my fridge in case of emergency! hehehe

I feel a little like a mad scientist this week! HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

I live off of tomatoes but if I had to do the nightshade-free thing I would do a butternut squash, roasted garlic and sage pizza. I've used this combo for chebe ravoli before and it's mighty tasty.

kenlove Rising Star

Some Japanese/Oriental stores have these 2x4xhalf inch blocks of hard mochi rice -- I mean don't drop one on your foot.

In the oven or microwave they soften and become like melted cheese. I've used them as a crust for pizza but also with a little spice they taste a little like cheese.

good luck!

ken - the other mad scientist -- or maybe just mad - or crazy

Mango04 Enthusiast

lovelove B)

If you want a parm substitute, Open Original Shared Link is great.

mochi rice! on it my fellow madman :lol::lol::lol:

oh jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanet I love butternut squash with sage mmmmm! B)

checking link right now mango! danke!

Sweetfudge Community Regular

is there anywhere i can buy parma online? i would love to try it!

:) Right here, Girl: Open Original Shared Link
frec Contributor

I've used guacamole to glue things on my pizza--it was pretty good! And I sort of made cheese recently from raw cashew paste. I bought it in a jar--didn't make it myself. I added some lemon juice and salt to it and it made a fair ricotta layer--nice and oily and salty, just like cheese. Maybe it would help pizza as well?

purple Community Regular

Hey again,

1)vegan mac and cheese (almonds)

2)cheese sauce sub (beans)

both of these can be found under "sauces" @

Open Original Shared Link

I hope you can adjust them or SOMETHING so you can make your pizza ;)

and eat it too! :D

:P

Archived