This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Taco Bell

lauriel234

lauriel234 Explorer

Does anyone know if Taco Bell has a gluten free menu? Or Baja Fresh? Haven't been able to get this info. I've seen the postings about Red Lobster - my daughter has eaten at a few different ones with no problems. She orders the salad - and though it's an appetizer, it's big enough for dinner - the nacho platter. She orders plain nachos, nothing on them and on a different plate, the shrimp and lobster. (I think it also comes with chicken if you want). The shrimp and lobster are in a light scampi-type sauce).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Taco Bell is hopeless. About all we can have is the beans and cheese and you can suck the taco sauce out of the packets. That's about it. The chips are contaminated and the taco beef has wheat in it.

I think Baja Fresh is more helpful. They say to contact them for info on dietary restrictions.

Many, many of the fast-food type places have a gluten-free list or a file that lists ALL ingredients at their web site. Be careful of cross contamination, though. At Red Lobster, make sure they don't fry those chips in contaminated oil.

richard

• 2 weeks later...
Rikki Tikki Explorer

Lauriel:

Just for information, when I had the scampi sauce I got sick and I guess for the resturant I went to they used flour to thicken the sauce.

Sally

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaiseeLove

"LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

I love your quote, by the way! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
TeachK71 Rookie

Baja Fresh is great. Contact them and they will let you know what you can eat. I always get the tres tacos shrimp and have never had a reaction. I also have their chips and guacamole (so good)!

From what I understand about Taco Bell...the tostada and pintos and cheese are safe...that's it. I haven't been to Taco Bell in ages, but I think their Nachos are made out of flour and not corn.

shar5 Newbie

Be cautious, the Taco Sauce in this area (Florida) has SOY SAUCE in it. I'm assuming it would be the same all over.

Good luck

Sharon

celiac3270 Collaborator
and you can suck the taco sauce out of the packets.

Lol...nothing to add, but I couldn't help but comment...love the dry humor of that :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived