Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Taco Bell

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Taco Bell has a gluten free menu? Or Baja Fresh? Haven't been able to get this info. I've seen the postings about Red Lobster - my daughter has eaten at a few different ones with no problems. She orders the salad - and though it's an appetizer, it's big enough for dinner - the nacho platter. She orders plain nachos, nothing on them and on a different plate, the shrimp and lobster. (I think it also comes with chicken if you want). The shrimp and lobster are in a light scampi-type sauce).

Ads by Google:

Taco Bell is hopeless. About all we can have is the beans and cheese and you can suck the taco sauce out of the packets. That's about it. The chips are contaminated and the taco beef has wheat in it.

I think Baja Fresh is more helpful. They say to contact them for info on dietary restrictions.

Many, many of the fast-food type places have a gluten-free list or a file that lists ALL ingredients at their web site. Be careful of cross contamination, though. At Red Lobster, make sure they don't fry those chips in contaminated oil.

richard

Lauriel:

Just for information, when I had the scampi sauce I got sick and I guess for the resturant I went to they used flour to thicken the sauce.

Sally

"LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE"

I love your quote, by the way! :-)

Baja Fresh is great. Contact them and they will let you know what you can eat. I always get the tres tacos shrimp and have never had a reaction. I also have their chips and guacamole (so good)!

From what I understand about Taco Bell...the tostada and pintos and cheese are safe...that's it. I haven't been to Taco Bell in ages, but I think their Nachos are made out of flour and not corn.

Be cautious, the Taco Sauce in this area (Florida) has SOY SAUCE in it. I'm assuming it would be the same all over.

Good luck

Sharon

and you can suck the taco sauce out of the packets.

Lol...nothing to add, but I couldn't help but comment...love the dry humor of that :lol: