1 reply to this topic

#1 altoid

altoid

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 12:45 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to your collective help. I am formally diagnosed with IBS-D. This was done through the elimination process which included celiac testing. My gliadin AB IGA and IGG blood tests were strong positive, however a small intestine biopsy revealed no damage to the villi, and thus an overall no celiac diagnosis.
I have only recently started an IBS diet which prohibits red meats, fats, dairy etc but includes (soluable fiber) white flour only, which I have been eating regularly. It seems to help, but not 100%, but help it does. I usually go for 1 to 2 weeks befor I get a D-attack, and usually take an immodium at that time. I had a recent attack of diarreha, which makes me feel that IBS may not be the proper diagnosis.
I have had another antigliadin blood test which was strong positive (very high out of range) for both IGA and IGG and negative for tissue transglutaminase, TTG AB IgA. I have not been back for a follow-up to the last blood tests to see what the doctor thinks.
My Questions are:
Are there false positive readings for blood IGA and IGG?
Can you have both IBS and Celiac?
Can I reasonably assume that I have Celiac from these blood tests or should I go further with the EndoLab (sp) stool tests to be sure?
Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:02 PM

Hi altoid, welcome to the board! :)

I too was diagnosed with IBS and went through all the Celiac testing all to turn up negative. After reading about Celiac I knew that is what was wrong with me. I think Enterolab is a very good idea, that is the way I was diagnosed! Since then I went gluten-free and could tell a difference within a couple of days. The doubling over pain I once experienced was GONE! :lol:

I hope you begin to feel better soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: