This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Uk & Europe Forum

calvin

Saz Explorer
Oh yes!

I found this

Open Original Shared Link

£4.00 though!!!!!!! :o

Yea. Thats about 10.00 Aussie dollars. It cost me $15.00 but they are really nice.

• 4 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lesley Newbie

Hi

I'm in Swansea, Wales. I buy most of my gluten-free food in Tescos and go to Sainsburys whenever I can for little extras. Morrisons also stock some gluten-free products. I get Glutafin Gluten Free Bread Mix on prescription and my husband makes wonderful fresh bread in our bread maker. The smell is so good that I can't wait for it to come out of the machine. I don't make it as you have to measure the ingredients carefully and I can't be bothered!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Anybody in Mallorca? I was born in bonny Scotland but have lived on this beautiful island for the past ten years.

It is however, in my limited experience of 2 months, sadly lacking in the gluten-free food department(in stores not restuarants). I´d be absolutely delighted if somebody out there can prove me wrong and point me in the right direction.

Do you have an El Corte Ingles in Majorca?

I found some gluten-free items in their shop in Tenerife.

Hi

I'm in Swansea, Wales. I buy most of my gluten-free food in Tescos and go to Sainsburys whenever I can for little extras. Morrisons also stock some gluten-free products. I get Glutafin Gluten Free Bread Mix on prescription and my husband makes wonderful fresh bread in our bread maker. The smell is so good that I can't wait for it to come out of the machine. I don't make it as you have to measure the ingredients carefully and I can't be bothered!

Hi Lesley!

Ooh yes I use that bread mix too!! (but I do it in the oven)...delicious!!

coe114c Newbie

I lived in Mallorca for 2 years from 1991-1993, I wasn't diagnosed as coeliac back then so I guess it has changed a lot!

glutenfree-onthego has places in Mallorca listed as the guy who owns the site lives there

Barkat now make a waffle ice cream cone too!

Open Original Shared Link

Linzi Newbie

I live in England. Sainsbury's have started to do a really good "free from" range which has some really nice food in it (the chicken nugges are my favourite). Unfortunately the Sainsburys near me doesn't have most of the range so I had to go to one about 45minutes away and stock up! :P

Margarida Newbie

Hi :)

My name is Margarida, and I

Tash-n-tail Rookie
I live in England. Sainsbury's have started to do a really good "free from" range which has some really nice food in it (the chicken nugges are my favourite). Unfortunately the Sainsburys near me doesn't have most of the range so I had to go to one about 45minutes away and stock up! :P

I agree. Am up in Birmingham and have been since moving to the UK. As stand-by's and tucked into the freezer I think Sainsbury's products are a blessing. I do have to be careful since not everything is ideal for my particular issues but they help when I'm running late and a meal has to appear on the table asap. I have to travel to Wolverhampton to shop there conveniently tho' :rolleyes: Tesco's is another one of my standbys because it is so close to the flat. Although I have to keep an eagle eye on the ingredient listings and they are a bit pricey all round. I've yet to fine gluten free sausages tho' in the supermarket. And an order at the butcher is costly. Do have a recipe for making my own -- it'll have to wait until I am feeling more adventurous.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Tash-n-tail Rookie
Hi :)

My name is Margarida, and I

Linzi Newbie
I agree. Am up in Birmingham and have been since moving to the UK. As stand-by's and tucked into the freezer I think Sainsbury's products are a blessing. I do have to be careful since not everything is ideal for my particular issues but they help when I'm running late and a meal has to appear on the table asap. I have to travel to Wolverhampton to shop there conveniently tho' :rolleyes: Tesco's is another one of my standbys because it is so close to the flat. Although I have to keep an eagle eye on the ingredient listings and they are a bit pricey all round. I've yet to fine gluten free sausages tho' in the supermarket. And an order at the butcher is costly. Do have a recipe for making my own -- it'll have to wait until I am feeling more adventurous.

Marks and Spencer do some sausages that are gluten free; they are just in the normal sausage bit, They have the crossed grain symbol on.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Tesco's and Asda also do gluten-free sausages (both in the chilled aisles - Tesco ones are the 'Free From' range and the Asda's are just marked gluten-free)

Kyalesyin Apprentice

Still no Plymothians? Anyone from Cornwall? Exeter?

*sadface*

• 2 weeks later...
Julie-uk-nz Apprentice

Anyone from the Gloucestershire area?

I'm coming home for a few wks and i haven't been back since i was diagnossed and i can't wait to see what gluten-free goodies are in the UK as i've heard lots of good things, not sure how my parents will cope with my new diet though :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
HannahHannah Apprentice

London :)

I'm pretty lucky as there are so many places around so I have a good choice of supermarkets/restaurants, though this doesn't stop the restaurants from inadvertantly glutening me :angry: !!

Archived