4 replies to this topic

#1 sixdogssixcats

sixdogssixcats

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

My 3yo daughter's preschool teacher asked for noodles to be sent in for C to use for art projects (stringing necklaces and such). I sent in quinoa macaroni noodles, but they're too curved for little fingers to be able to thread a string through.

I need to find short little straight tube noodles -- or even a plastic replacement. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Lesley
Mom of Catherine - 01/18/05 (Celiac, Reflux, Psoriasis)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

My 3yo daughter's preschool teacher asked for noodles to be sent in for C to use for art projects (stringing necklaces and such). I sent in quinoa macaroni noodles, but they're too curved for little fingers to be able to thread a string through.

I need to find short little straight tube noodles -- or even a plastic replacement. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Trader Joes has a rice penne. I don't like the way it tastes, but it would be great for stringing :P

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#3 elonwy

elonwy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

Tinkyada has Penne too, though theirs is actually nummy :)
Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05
Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05
gluten-free since 7/23/05
Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

#4 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

Replacement...you can cut up drinking straws, they even make colored ones if you can find them. Also look for the ones that don't bend on the end or you may have to cut it off. Try the $ store too. Some are bigger than others so keep your eye out, the smaller ones will be harder to push the string through. We used to use them at my day care and they don't break.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#5 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

What about using perler beads? They're probably exactly the right size and the holes are large enough for a 3 year old to string relatively easily.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: