Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Abc 7 News

9 posts in this topic

I live in So. California and just heard that today on the 4pm news on ABC they will be doing a piece on gluten free foods. The lady in the intro piece was describing how it feels like she is swallowing broken glass and they had a bunch of gluten-free foods behind her. Word is getting out!!!!!!!yay

Any news, is good news! ;)

I live in So. California and just heard that today on the 4pm news on ABC they will be doing a piece on gluten free foods. The lady in the intro piece was describing how it feels like she is swallowing broken glass and they had a bunch of gluten-free foods behind her. Word is getting out!!!!!!!yay

Was she saying that eating gluten-free food feels like swallowing glass? :huh: That's weird!

Was she saying that eating gluten-free food feels like swallowing glass? :huh: That's weird!

That what I was thinking! :lol: On the other hand, something like that should put an end to the idea that people actually choose to eat gluten-free food as one chooses to eat vegetarian food or something! :blink::lol:

No..she said that eating food with gluten is like swallowing shards of glass...it slices off the villi making it impossible to get the nutrients....interesting analogy...it was not what I was hoping for, but at least it is out there. They did say that healthy people should not stick to a gluten-free diet as they do not get enough fiber and B-12.

They did say that healthy people should not stick to a gluten-free diet as they do not get enough fiber and B-12.

Such poor information. B12 doesnt come from gluten foods unless they are fortified. Doh!!

And there is plenty of fiber in fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, other grains........

That is what I hate about these programs....filled with stuff that is only 1/2 right or not at all.

Such poor information.

I agree!!! My kids are SOOOO much healthier than any other kid in their classes! We focus so much on whole foods that they are getting probably more fiber and vitamins than they need.

I'm so glad someone used the word "glass". This is similar to what my daughter has said in describing her pain, glass, or blades, but it isn't in swallowing, it's usually by the time it's trying to digest.

I agree! I am so much healthier than most people because of all the fresh, natural foods I eat. (fruit, veggies, etc....) Since going gluten free 2 years ago, I haven't gotten sick once (with the exception of the occasional accidental gluten-ing)!