Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Las Vegas Support Group & Restaurant Info

3 posts in this topic

Below is a list of restaurants that can cater to a gluten-free diet and at the very bottom is a link to the Las Vegas Celiac Disease Support Group. Oh yeah, if you want gluten-free chocolate cupcakes go to www.sweetshopcupcakes.com.

Restaurant

Ads by Google:

Thank you for supplying this list. I went with a large party to the Rainforest Cafe in the MGM for lunch yesterday. I identified myself to the server as having gluten issues. The head chef appeared at my table almost immediately, with the server at his side to listen to the conversation. He specifically asked whether I have Celiac Disease and then proceeded to walk me through planning my meal. He made a cheese burger for me which was pure beef, no filler, (no bun), with chopped lettuce and chopped tomato as the bed. The burger was cooked on a properly prepared grill. He offered me fries from the dedicated fryer (delicious) and even inquired about my sensitivity to the spices, which he named, including the brand. I had a wonderful meal and was able to enjoy this family event without worrying the whole time about my safety. Kudos to the Rainforest Cafe!

This is an old list and after spending a week here at a conference I find the place  pretty allergy unfriendly, Especially the Cosmopolitan Hotel with the except of comme ca    which was reasonably priced and the chef bent over backwards to make something  gluten free and vegan. The other places didnt  get it and would serve gluten-free salad with croutons or grilled veggies with regular soy sauce.  Call first when here or ask for the chef  to make sure they know what they are doing. I was really surprised considering the foodie reputation the city now has. Better yet come visit Hawaii!