This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Love Candy Corn

Rosebud710

Rosebud710 Apprentice

OK, so I started bringing out my Fall decorations and now I'm getting my usual annual craving for candy corn! Brach's used to be the only brand I really liked and realize that they can't guarantee it's gluten-free. I checked the history for this topic and the latest it's been brought up was about 2 years ago. Does anyone know if anything's changed? I live in the Midwest - what brand of cc is just as good as Brach's but safe to eat?

Thanks!

Laura

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ksymonds84 Enthusiast

From my cecelia's Market place gluten free shopping guide these candy corn brands are listed as gluten free

walmart great value brand

lowes food

safeway

stop and shop

haven't tried any of them but I too will need a candy corn fix! I will miss the Brach's little pumpkins :(

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I use the Great Value Brand from Wal-mart. Mix it with Cashews or Peanuts and M&M's Mmmmmmmmm Enjoy!!

-Jessica

Ridgewalker Contributor

As of last fall, Target brand was safe as well, and it's also quite good.

jerseyangel Proficient

Now I'm hungry for candy corn! :D

Target Sarah? Good to know--I'll swing by there this weekend.

Lisa Mentor

The R.O.C.K. groups should publish their candy list soon. I ALWAYS look forward to that. (but no hershey products for me :angry: ))

JennyC Enthusiast

Zachary brand is gluten free. I just bought some...and Halloween decorations. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
dahams04 Apprentice

I was at Target this past weekend and they did not have their brand of candy corn this year. I'm not sure if it was just not out yet, but all of the Halloween section was set and no candy corn but Brachs. Im in upstate NY. My 5 yr old was bummed!! I'll look for the Walmart brand..HTH

buffettbride Enthusiast

We bought our candy corn a la Target brand last year as well with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...
Sweetfudge Community Regular

anyone able to find candy corn at target yet? wondering if i should make a trip out to the one closest to me. also, anyone know if the 2008 candy list has come out?

purplemom Apprentice

It seems like Target didn't put out there brand of Candy Corn this year. I combed the aisles with my daughter and son yesterday, no luck. Just Brachs.

Bummer.

p.s. we are in northern mass.

AMQmom Explorer

I am in Michigan and I only found fancy little bags of Target brand candy corn this year. It is flavored and colored differently than traditional candy corn - like mango with something and pink or lemonade and something and purple. I bought some because it was Target brand but it does say that it shares equipment with peanuts and other stuff. I am going to tell my daughter that she can only have a couple (I got them for a school project). I have not tried Wal-Mart this year. Wasn't up to the drive. Wishing you luck!

climbmtwhitney Apprentice

Hi.

Jelly Belly candy corn is supposed to be gluten free too. Probably a bit pricey though.

I, too, am a candy corn fiend. Mmmmm! :P

Sonya

Sweetfudge Community Regular

yeah, haven't had any luck with either target or walmart - all i could find was brach's :angry:

Hi.

Jelly Belly candy corn is supposed to be gluten free too. Probably a bit pricey though.

I, too, am a candy corn fiend. Mmmmm! :P

Sonya

omg, i don't care about the price, i'm getting me some of that!

PS I just checked amazon, and they only have it in bulk. jelly belly's website has 9 oz bags for $5.99 and 16 oz for $8.99. Just FYI :)

frec Contributor

Hey! What candy list? This is crucial information. I'm mostly off sugar but if I fall off the wagon I want to fall gluten free.

• 2 years later...
A.L. Newbie

Hello.

I just called Jelly Belly's 1-800 number and the lady said the candy corn is gluten free. She added that they make it with corn starch.

Archived