This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Granola Recipe?

Q1821

Q1821 Apprentice

I miss granola so badly! I was wondering if anyone had a recipe that was similar or anything that resembles granola? Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

This one looks pretty good:

Open Original Shared Link

There are also quite a few granola recipes that use gluten-free oats, if you can have those.

sickchick Community Regular

I love granola. Ever since I was a kid. And it's so easy to make. You can be basic or fancy it up.

I love cranberry|vanilla|almond

I love maple|pecan (I add a c. of ground flax to this)

I have a blend I call 'good morning sunshine' and all the ingrdients were something 'sunny' and happy lol (I know I am such a dork) it's got dried apricots, sunflower seeds, honey, dried pineapple, and those pertrified banana slices you get in the bulk foods and candied ginger (if you can afford it, or a 1/4 tsp ginger powder)

I just made some with apricots|pistachios turned out yum

you use the fruits you love, I was just showing you how creative you can be.

Basic Granola

8 c old fashioned oats (gluten safe)

1 c sweetener of your choice (honey or maple syrup) honey IS sweeter

2 tb vanilla

1 1/2 c nuts|seeds

2 c dried fruits

1/4 ts cinnamon

nutmeg or ginger, whatever seems to compliment your fruits and your palate

Preheat your oven to325F

Prepare 2 cookie sheets (I like to line mine with foil)

Chop up your fruits, set aside.

In a humongous bowl (I use my spaghetti pot lol) measure out 8 cups of oats, nuts, sweetener, spices, vanilla and mix well with a wooden spoon. You don't add the fruit until the granola is out of the oven and semi-cooled. Pour oat mixture evenly onto the 2 cookie sheets. Put in oven and set timer to 45 minutes.

You are going to check the granola every 15 minutes, and stir if needed. At 30 minutes switch the trays in the oven to keep the browning even.

When the timer goes off, take the trays out and put them on the top of the stove to cool you let it cool about 30 minutes and you can put your fruit on it.

Wait until the moisture is no longer emitting from the granola before you try and store it or stir it.

I keep mine in the freezer to ensure freshness, in ziplock bags (big ones lol) and whenever I want a bowl I just scoop it out. It's SOOOOOO good with almond milk! :lol:

As soon as I buy a killer blender I can start making it again (so I can make nutmilks without things I can't tolerate) :)

lovelove

purple Community Regular

I found these recently but I haven't tried them:

I went back to read gluten-free mommy's recipe...it sounds so good...now I want to make some to put on yogurt with some berries. She has a pic too!

• 1 month later...
Wonka Apprentice
I miss granola so badly! I was wondering if anyone had a recipe that was similar or anything that resembles granola? Thank you!

I've been making this granola for years. It's not overly sweet, just the way I like it.

GRANOLA

4 cups rolled oats (I use Creamhill Estate gluten free oats)

1 cup sunflower seeds ( I like to use a mix of

Archived