Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free/nut Free Snack Ideas

7 posts in this topic

Hi

My son started preschool and his classroom is nut free. I am having trouble thinking of some gluten free/nut free snack ideas besides fresh fruit and cheese. Any ideas for products that do not contain both?

thanks

Cali

Ads by Google:

How about gluten-free pretzels. I like the Wylde ones, they are also soy free but there are others available. Ener-g makes some and Glutino. I like to make my own 'trail mix' with raisens, pretzels, Rice Chex, and gluten-free chocolate chips.

Baby carrots, gluten-free cookies, breadsticks, fruit snacks, dried fruit, no nuts trail mix, beef jerky, pepperoni, salami.

Can you make sugar snacks? If so, Chex or Cocoa Pebbles make great "rice crispy treats." Maybe try celery w/cream cheese and raisins on top (ants on a log) - might be messy, or just little raisin boxes. Cut-up apples with one wrapped carmel each. Individual baggies of chips or corn chips w/cubbed cheese. I love popcorn/carmel corn/popcorn balls. Maybe mini-rice cakes with jelly and creamcheese (sandwich). Sandwich meat cut and rolled around a pickle (like at a party). Can't forget the easy Enjoy Life cookies and other goodies. I am allergic to nuts and celiac. It ain't easy!

popcorn

chex mix - with new gluten-free rice chex (they have great gluten-free recipes on their website)

banana chips

dried fruit

yogurt covered raisins/cranberries

string cheese

applesauce cups

dole fruit cups

dry cereal (dora's cinnamon stars is def. snack worthy)

Tortilla Chips

Fruit-a-bu fruit snacks (organic and yummy)

Thank you all so much! These are wonderful ideas. I was having trouble kick starting my brain. I've got the gluten free down but to add the nut free as well, I panicked!!

thanks for your help!!

Cali

Wow! As someone new to all this, your ideas here are fantastic. Thank you!