Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Continued Stomach Discomfort

7 posts in this topic

I've been feeling bad for about a week now - first burning stomach pain and now nausea. I saw my GI dr. yesterday and he doesn't feel this is celiac disease related. Told me to take Prilosec (which I started this morning) but I'm still feeling bad, plus a side effect of Prilosec is headache. I don't know what set this in motion. I've been gluten-free for 7 months and never had these symptoms. Any advice?

Ads by Google:

Hi bklyn:

I don't see prilosec on the gluten-free medication list. You might want to check any medications you are taking to be sure they are gluten free.

Sally

Yeah I don't see it on my gluten-free list either so you definately need to make sure it is gluten free. That could be causing problems.

I've checked Prilosec before and it is gluten-free. A lot of the meds that are gluten-free are not on the list here for some reason. I take Aciphex, though, and it helped much more than Prilosec.

bklyn,

I have those symptoms, too. After I eat I get very nauseated and it's terrible in the mornings. I can barely get out of my house sometimes.

The burning pain is bad, too. When I get that all I can do is sit and shake or rock back and forth. I've never been able to figure out what causes it. I certainly had more pain before going gluten-free, but never this nausea. So I'm still at a loss for what to do about it.

I don't get pain but I get nausea whenever I ingest gluten. Maybe you want to check all of your products to make sure they are all gluten-free. Like your shampoos, cosmetics, and lotions. The longer you are on the gluten-free diet the more likely you are to have symptoms when you have gluten. At first when I was diagnosed I was fine and didn't react to when I had gluten. Now, the smallest amount makes me sick for 2 weeks. You may want to drink ginger,tummy mint, or chamomile teas to calm the stomach. Peppermint is good for that too. Good luck and hope you feel better soon :D

Yes-- Prilosec OTC is gluten-free. I took it for weeks when my doctor suspected that I might be having trouble with acids or something.