Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Oranges

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have problems with oranges? I have been off sick today as I ate an orange yesterday. I get bad stomach cramps and then diarhea. Just wondered if this is common in coeliacs.

Ads by Google:

There are many foods that can be irritating to those with digestive issues. My husband, who had stomach issues, uses the low acid OJ and I always thin it with water. Nuts, seeds and some raw fruits and veg. can sometimes be difficult for a stressed dystem to digest.

I have problems with citrus fruits in general. Sometimes the acid is too much for us and sometimes we can become intolerant to citrus.

I have problems with citrus fruits in general. Sometimes the acid is too much for us and sometimes we can become intolerant to citrus.

I think thats what has happened to me, as I have become older. As it goes through my system it is really quite painful. yep I definately will not eat oranges again. So much for trying to be more healthy lol

There are many foods that can be irritating to those with digestive issues. My husband, who had stomach issues, uses the low acid OJ and I always thin it with water. Nuts, seeds and some raw fruits and veg. can sometimes be difficult for a stressed dystem to digest.

Growing up we tried to cut corners and would water the orange juice down by about 50%. When the pitcher was half empty my dad would water it down with water to dilute it to 25%. You do this long enough and it seems that everything tastes strong so you start adding water to it.... including milk, any juice, & even soda....

Yes, I think he's permanently messed me up.

I can't eat oranges much either. Partly because I really don't care much for citrus in general, but I find that the things I don't much care for usually are the things that don't agree with me.