5 replies to this topic

#1 BridgetJones

BridgetJones

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:00 AM

Does anyone have problems with oranges? I have been off sick today as I ate an orange yesterday. I get bad stomach cramps and then diarhea. Just wondered if this is common in coeliacs.
Gluten free for 5 years.
2 years of testing before correct diagnosis.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 missy'smom

missy'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:15 AM

There are many foods that can be irritating to those with digestive issues. My husband, who had stomach issues, uses the low acid OJ and I always thin it with water. Nuts, seeds and some raw fruits and veg. can sometimes be difficult for a stressed dystem to digest.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:23 AM

I have problems with citrus fruits in general. Sometimes the acid is too much for us and sometimes we can become intolerant to citrus.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 BridgetJones

BridgetJones

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

I have problems with citrus fruits in general. Sometimes the acid is too much for us and sometimes we can become intolerant to citrus.

I think thats what has happened to me, as I have become older. As it goes through my system it is really quite painful. yep I definately will not eat oranges again. So much for trying to be more healthy lol
Gluten free for 5 years.
2 years of testing before correct diagnosis.

#5 #fresh fruit

#fresh fruit

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

There are many foods that can be irritating to those with digestive issues. My husband, who had stomach issues, uses the low acid OJ and I always thin it with water. Nuts, seeds and some raw fruits and veg. can sometimes be difficult for a stressed dystem to digest.

Growing up we tried to cut corners and would water the orange juice down by about 50%. When the pitcher was half empty my dad would water it down with water to dilute it to 25%. You do this long enough and it seems that everything tastes strong so you start adding water to it.... including milk, any juice, & even soda....

Yes, I think he's permanently messed me up.
There is no joy in a life that is all information and fact. There is no 'juice' to that kind of life. No sweetness, no color. Like trading a beautiful golden-ripe florida orange for a stalk of whithered broccoli.

#6 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:40 AM

I can't eat oranges much either. Partly because I really don't care much for citrus in general, but I find that the things I don't much care for usually are the things that don't agree with me.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: