Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Boars Head

7 posts in this topic

I visited my deli the other day and noticed the Boars Head sign that stated all meats and condiments were Gluten Free. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Ads by Google:
I visited my deli the other day and noticed the Boars Head sign that stated all meats and condiments were Gluten Free. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Boars Head is a great company. Thanks.

Yup, they are all gluten-free :) . Just be careful that they wipe down the slicer in the deli before they slice your Boar's Head products because they may have already sliced another product on it that does contain gluten. I try and get to the store first thing in the morning, so I know the slicers are still clean from the night before.

Boars Head makes the best pepperoni. I buy it presliced in packages.

The great thing is that their stuff tastes the best. :)

I buy pre-packaged because I used to work in the Publix Deli (many years ago) and it is not safe at all with regard to CC. Those slicers have to be taken apart at night to get all of the bits out.

There is nothing worse than having liverwurst residue on your smoked turkey. :( So I have avoided the deli counter long before gluten-free.

cool, i was actually wondering this while wandering through the new health food store today.

I try and get to the store first thing in the morning, so I know the slicers are still clean from the night before.

good idea!