- - - - -

Jergens Can't Guarantee...

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:53 AM

I'm not really betting that the Jergens products that I've been using for years are the source of my recent discomfort, however in trying to narrow the field, I did phone their 1-800 line.
The girl I spoke to said that if I (we) had to avoid products containing gluten, then she would recommend I don't use their products. :( She is going to email me an ingredients list for the cream soap, bar soap and hand lotion that I"ve been using all along. At least I can look at it and see what the likelihood of contamination is...

Anyway, does anyone have a gluten-free suggestion for a substitue for these products?? I'm in Canada, and I don't mind buying store brands... being in business with animals we're CONSTANTLY washing, and therefore the need for moisturizers is increased as well.

As always, your help is appreciated. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:01 AM

<_< i dont remember what was in the jergens lotion but it did make me itch---probably it was soy where i am concerned, but i do know i quit using it--deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#3 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:41 AM

Hi Tam;
I've been using Jergens as well. Never even gave it much thought. Like you I've been having problems ... I do use it more in the cold weather, seems to dry out the skin big time. Let me know when you get those ingredients! :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: