4 replies to this topic

#1 wsieving

wsieving

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

:( Well, I just got an email back from Baby Magic. I really do not know which ingredients to look for yet, so I just emailed them to ask them if their products were gluten free. They responded saying that they do not claim any of their products to be gluten free. Does anyone else use Baby Magic? I love their lotion, and really do not care for the others at all. But we figure that we will start out by replacing all of her personal care products, then add them back after she is showing improvement to see if she is sensitive to them. So hopefully we will get to use it again, but I'm sad....lol. I'd rather give up bread over Baby Magic any day :P .

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:42 AM

If you can list the ingredients, someone can let you know if it contains gluten, but we cannot tell you if it is manufactured on shared lines with other gluten products.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 momofboys05

momofboys05

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

I love the huggies clean team products and I contacted huggies and they said that Kimberly-Clark consumer products do not contain wheat, rye, barley, spelt, triticale, kamut or farina. Certain Kimberly-Clark products do contain oats. The only Kimberly-Clark products containing oats are HUGGIES® Soft Skin products.

Hope this helps anyone.

#4 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

I use the Baby Magic Gentle Lotion w/ Soft Baby Scent...it's hypoallergenic.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Sterate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, PEG 100 Sterate, Lanolin Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Frangance, Lanolin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteayl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Tocopheryl, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit A), Cholecalferol (Vit D), Ze Mays (Corn), Oil, Panthenol (Provit B5), Methyparaben, Benzolkonium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea.

Even with the corn, I have no problem with this product.
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#5 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

Deb, thank you for your ingredient list. I read the ingredients to Baby magic's lotion a LONG time ago when Annika first developed her rash, long before we knew what she was allergic to. For some reason I never re-read it as we figured out her many allergies. CORN!!! No wonder she screams when we put it on her!!! Thank you for that lightbulb moment.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: