Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do Food Allergies Go Away?

6 posts in this topic

My reaction to eggs has always been to get a migraine a couple of hours after eating them. Allergy doc says it is an intestinal reaction, not an allergy. So, having been glutenfree for over a year, is it possible that with healing of the intestines I could eat eggs again? I know that after healing, a person can sometimes have milk again. I think it has to do with gut permeability. Does that heal and lessen with a glutenfree diet? Cooking would be much easier if I could use eggs!

Ads by Google:

I don't know if your allergy will go away. I do know some people that have had allergies be able to have them again. I had a dairy allergy on and off my whole life and now I have no problems with it at all. It is definately possible I think it depends on the person and depends on the allergy as well.

Sounds like it is not an allergy, but a reaction likely related to the celiac. My allergist told me that my 'intolerance' to eggs might go away after my intestines were healed, but that there would be no way but to wait until my antibodies and biopsies showed healing and then try again.

On a side note, what do you use to replace the egg in recipes. I have the energ egg replacer, but haven't had any success with it yet.

Good luck,

Linda

gluten-free x 3 months

Migraines are different though. They can have certain triggors. So, I wonder if you get migraines because of an allergy or eggs is a triggor for you.

You can always try eating them and see what happens. . .

Linda74

My son is allergic to egg. I use applesauce to replace my eggs. Only in baked goods. Otherwise, I use the Enger G egg replacer. I have had no trouble with it. What are you using it for??

mrsfish

In my baked foods, like cakes and cookies, I use one tablespoon of ground flax mixed into 3 tablespoons of hot water for each egg. It works well for chocolate chip cookies and devil's food cake. It is not so good for breads and biscuits, but I did get a delicious cobbler crust with it! Chicken, turkey, eggs, strawberries, and stone fruits are the only things that trigger migraines for me. I am just wondering if I will be able to eat them again after celiac disease healing.