5 replies to this topic

#1 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:24 AM

My reaction to eggs has always been to get a migraine a couple of hours after eating them. Allergy doc says it is an intestinal reaction, not an allergy. So, having been glutenfree for over a year, is it possible that with healing of the intestines I could eat eggs again? I know that after healing, a person can sometimes have milk again. I think it has to do with gut permeability. Does that heal and lessen with a glutenfree diet? Cooking would be much easier if I could use eggs!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

I don't know if your allergy will go away. I do know some people that have had allergies be able to have them again. I had a dairy allergy on and off my whole life and now I have no problems with it at all. It is definately possible I think it depends on the person and depends on the allergy as well.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 Linda74

Linda74

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:12 PM

Sounds like it is not an allergy, but a reaction likely related to the celiac. My allergist told me that my 'intolerance' to eggs might go away after my intestines were healed, but that there would be no way but to wait until my antibodies and biopsies showed healing and then try again.

On a side note, what do you use to replace the egg in recipes. I have the energ egg replacer, but haven't had any success with it yet.

Good luck,

Linda
gluten-free x 3 months

#4 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:09 PM

Migraines are different though. They can have certain triggors. So, I wonder if you get migraines because of an allergy or eggs is a triggor for you.

You can always try eating them and see what happens. . .

#5 mrsfish_94

mrsfish_94

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:37 PM

Linda74

My son is allergic to egg. I use applesauce to replace my eggs. Only in baked goods. Otherwise, I use the Enger G egg replacer. I have had no trouble with it. What are you using it for??

mrsfish
Mrsfish_94
4 yr. old Daughter with peanut, dairy allergy & Dermatitis Herpetiformis (not formally diagnosed)
1 yr old Son with egg allergy

#6 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:29 AM

In my baked foods, like cakes and cookies, I use one tablespoon of ground flax mixed into 3 tablespoons of hot water for each egg. It works well for chocolate chip cookies and devil's food cake. It is not so good for breads and biscuits, but I did get a delicious cobbler crust with it! Chicken, turkey, eggs, strawberries, and stone fruits are the only things that trigger migraines for me. I am just wondering if I will be able to eat them again after celiac disease healing.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: