This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

No Way!i Think Im Alergic To Soja-milk To

UndercoverAlien

UndercoverAlien Apprentice

i think im alergic to soja-milk because after i drink it i need to go poo the soja milk include some vitamine b

is this rather to be worry'd or just a good thing?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

RiceGuy Collaborator

Do you mean soy milk?

ow its prenounched other in my language sorry yes i mean soy milk

ravenwoodglass Mentor

It would not be uncommon for us. You should look for a rice or almond based milk, gluten free of course, they will be your best bet for now.

someboddy thinks there is another reason?

because that would be helpfull i just cant eat rare food because then i bether eat regulair food

Juliebove Rising Star

Soy is not that good for you any more. Try another milk like rice or almond mik.

but this are the first times i used it

what els im i supposed to do now eat spiders?

im not buying another expencive crapp food anymore

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

one more mile Contributor

Saddly that is how we learn what we can eat and what we can not.

Sorry I can not eat soy either. It makes me run to the bathroom.

Almond milk tastes good. I have even given it to "normal" people who like it.

It is also better tasting then soy in mashed potatoes.

If you have room you can ask the store if they will give you a price break if you buy a case of an item.

Many will.

whats do you mean with:

If you have room you can ask the store if they will give you a price break if you buy a case of an item.

Many will.

thanks for the advice btw but almond milk seems rare in shops!! :(

RiceGuy Collaborator

You can make your own nut milk. It's fairly easy to do too, but if you aren't sure there are many recipes out there. If using almonds, soak them awhile (or overnight) in water, in a sealed jar. I generally use softer nuts like walnuts or pecans, etc, but it depends on what you prefer.

The basic idea is to use a blender to pulverize the nuts along with water, and some sweetener. If you look at the ingredients of non-dairy milk products, you'll see they usually include a thickener (gum) such as carrageenan and/or xanthan for added thickness/creaminess. I find the addition of a thickener really makes a big improvement. Some vanilla is also very good.

Archived